Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Vendor
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you Want to give yourself peace of mind and no worries about unexpected breakdowns?

We're here to help you understand how these extended warranties work with over 350 plans to fit your needs!

✅ 0% Financing and no sales tax
✅ Affordable payments for any budget
✅ Low Down Payments

Just email chryslerwarrantydirect.com or call 1-888-352-6103 and we can look up your in-service date to help you figure out when you need to purchase an extended plan to keep your car under protection.

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Hellraisin Shaker
505 Posts
We don't call anyone who doesn't initiate contact with us first, we are FCA factory-backed warranty sellers so we are not the 3rd party ones blowing up your phone.
Do you know "John Fox" the "Head of Mopar Vehicle Protection" at FCA? He emails me daily about an Extended Warranty. He somehow got my contact info & VIN because of my recent Jeep purchase. I did not initiate contact.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,707 Posts
Has anyone ever purchased an extended warranty from this website/company?
I would never buy an extended warranty. My father did once and the time started ticking the day he bought the car, not at the end of the factory warranty. Rip Off!
I get these calls all the time for my Challengers and my Jeep, I was polite at first but they keep calling back. Now I learned, It does not matter if you swear at them and call them names, and if it is a woman, ask for nudes, they still call back.

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,715 Posts
I would never buy an extended warranty. My father did once and the time started ticking the day he bought the car, not at the end of the factory warranty. Rip Off!
Not with an actual MOPAR warranty. The time starts when you are no longer on the bumper-bumper. I traded in my 2015 Charger last summer in July of 2019, and got $1,117 back from the Warranty I bought for $1,200 or $1,300.
The car's inservice date was something like 4/2016 or 5/2016, and it had under 38K miles, so it was only on the extended warranty 2-3 months, and I got almost all of the cost back.
This is also a reason why you should always check the inservice date of a used car so you know when the actual warranty expires.

Reactions: warrantydirect

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Not with an actual MOPAR warranty. The time starts when you are no longer on the bumper-bumper. I traded in my 2015 Charger last summer in July of 2019, and got $1,117 back from the Warranty I bought for $1,200 or $1,300.
The car's inservice date was something like 4/2016 or 5/2016, and it had under 38K miles, so it was only on the extended warranty 2-3 months, and I got almost all of the cost back.
This is also a reason why you should always check the inservice date of a used car so you know when the actual warranty expires.
I think I got the Mopar extended warranty 5 years / 85,000 miles. I think that basically is just a 2 years 49,000 extended warranty. I think because the expiration date is like 5 years after I bought the car. Not sure if that's correct

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,715 Posts
I think I got the Mopar extended warranty 5 years / 85,000 miles. I think that basically is just a 2 years 49,000 extended warranty. I think because the expiration date is like 5 years after I bought the car. Not sure if that's correct
The point is, you actually only start "consuming" the warranty once your factory warranty expires due to time on the road or miles. The fact that it really is a 2 year warranty, not 5 is actually better for cashing in on cancelling it.

Reactions: warrantydirect

·
Registered
2021 Challenger R/T Shaker • F8 Green • 5.7 Liter Hemi • 6 Speed Manual
125 Posts
Dunno if this is off topic here. If so, please advise where to post this.

I've personally never found value in extended warranties. Seems like any time I had a problem it was NEVER covered by the plan. This applies to everything from vehicles to toasters. So far they have been a total waste of time.

That said, I don't want to just blow off the option out of hand. Cars are complicated and repairs are expensive. I'm increasingly not able to do the work myself due to the need for specialized equipment and so on.

I think a 5 year, 85,000 mile plan would fit my needs best, assuming it actually pays for any needed repairs. No dealership I have talked to so far was willing to just give me a sheet of paper with the prices for all plans listed on it so I don't know if the 5/85k is the best value. Seems like the major price jumps are by mileage not years. 6 years/100k would probably be ideal for me. I've also been told that there is a major discount for veterans so I wanted to independently verify that this is true.

Also want to verify the claim that if you don't take the extended warranty at signing there is a big financial hit if you wait a few months to buy it. The 100% refund if you never use it promise is attractive (if true). But the fact is that if I go 5/85k with no problems I will be VERY happy with my car even though the warranty was never needed. I'm seriously into old age so I will likely drop dead before my car does. :)

·
Vendor
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dunno if this is off topic here. If so, please advise where to post this.

I've personally never found value in extended warranties. Seems like any time I had a problem it was NEVER covered by the plan. This applies to everything from vehicles to toasters. So far they have been a total waste of time.

That said, I don't want to just blow off the option out of hand. Cars are complicated and repairs are expensive. I'm increasingly not able to do the work myself due to the need for specialized equipment and so on.

I think a 5 year, 85,000 mile plan would fit my needs best, assuming it actually pays for any needed repairs. No dealership I have talked to so far was willing to just give me a sheet of paper with the prices for all plans listed on it so I don't know if the 5/85k is the best value. Seems like the major price jumps are by mileage not years. 6 years/100k would probably be ideal for me. I've also been told that there is a major discount for veterans so I wanted to independently verify that this is true.

Also want to verify the claim that if you don't take the extended warranty at signing there is a big financial hit if you wait a few months to buy it. The 100% refund if you never use it promise is attractive (if true). But the fact is that if I go 5/85k with no problems I will be VERY happy with my car even though the warranty was never needed. I'm seriously into old age so I will likely drop dead before my car does. :)

Our website chryslerwarrantydirect.com has all pricing listed and if you give me your email I can send you a list of provisions for our Maxcare Plan which is the best we offer.

·
Registered
2021 Challenger R/T Shaker • F8 Green • 5.7 Liter Hemi • 6 Speed Manual
125 Posts
Are the warranty programs you represent a Dodge Corp product or are you a third part vendor? It appears that this is not the extended warranty option that the factory offers. Mostly trying to determine who will be backing this plan if I have an issue.

Do you have local reps (like at the dealerships) taht I can speak with face to face or are you stictly an online service?

·
Vendor
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Are the warranty programs you represent a Dodge Corp product or are you a third part vendor? It appears that this is not the extended warranty option that the factory offers. Mostly trying to determine who will be backing this plan if I have an issue.

Do you have local reps (like at the dealerships) taht I can speak with face to face or are you stictly an online service?
Yes, this is factory-backed and not a 3rd party service contract. We have agents you can speak to by phone any time but not in person. We are located in Michigan.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts