Dodge Challenger Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
I have seriously thought several times of trading in my 2016 Hellcat, which I purchased new and now has almost 30K miles.
I use my 2005 Ram as my daily driver, so the Hellcat is just for fun.
The car has been paid off for over a year, so it is costing me nothing but insurance, gas and maintenance.

I keep thinking how impractical it is to keep a $40K-45K (trade-in value) vehicle in my garage to come out only on nice summer days. So I start looking at other vehicles on AutoTrader and other sources.

Then I tell myself, I already took an ass kicking with the depreciation on the Hellcat, why would I trade it in and take another thrashing on the next vehicle. So then I stop looking at other vehicles.
I'm kinda in the same boat with you, really been thinking hard on selling / trading my 02 Viper for either a RedEye or a Demon if I could get one for less then 100k and with less then 200 miles! The RedEye I want would sticker at 91k and my dealer would do 6k off sticker if I was to order it.

Even with only 2000 miles on the Viper and in as new condition I would take a hit selling / trading it!

Yea the Viper is nice but me getting close to 60 it's much harder to get in and out of the car now! :lol: Too low to the ground!

2018 TA is my daily driver now. Love it!

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
the two Hellcats i looked at,,,, both sellers made kind of an impulse purchase.. they (like i've read previously in this post) don't like having that much money tied up in a car. Better for me when i get one next year. Always loved Mopar,, always had Mopar... always will... :grin2:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
While looking at the Challengers one of the dealer's had a very nice 2017 HellCat with only 1600 miles on it. The price was right and tempting, one thing I noticed was the rear tires were replaced with new ones! The car only had 1600 miles on it, too many burn outs for sure!

No way I would have bought that one.

Idiots should had replaced all 4 tires!

·
Registered
570 Posts
While looking at the Challengers one of the dealer's had a very nice 2017 HellCat with only 1600 miles on it. The price was right and tempting, one thing I noticed was the rear tires were replaced with new ones! The car only had 1600 miles on it, too many burn outs for sure!

Good catch!

When finally getting a chance to go pick up my '18, a couple of weeks after buying it, I noticed that the rear tires didn't exactly look pristine.
Also that the mileage had gone from 16 to 50, and that the logged top speed was 106 mph. The 1/4-mile time wasn't too shabby, either.

So much for buying a new car to be able to break it in correctly.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Heads up, local dealer has two new 2019 HellCats for 9k of sticker price!!

Sales guy said slow movers!

Great time to be looking for one!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts

I would definitely avoid the Scat Pack 1320 since that car caters to burnouts.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts