Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has always puzzled me, why do we have to pay over $1000.00 for a gas guzzler tax?
and it is not tax deductable for your taxes?

I get between 17 and 19 on the street and 22 highway, which is better than my throwdown 1994 Ford Explorer 4.0 liter V6 which gets 17 highway MPG???????????????

Just asking....................(not fair at all compared to others on the road):deadhorse:

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
It is an easy way for your government to get more income coming in plain and simple. They are trying to push people away from low MPG products to High MPG products.

Reactions: Bad daytona

·
Registered
1,710 Posts

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
For some reason trucks are not included on vehicles that get gas guzzler taxes...which doesn't make any sense to me. But then again, we are talking about the government LOL...

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
From the EPA's website.

Gas Guzzler Tax and Vehicles | Fuel Economy | US EPA

...............and I call you a flat out liar on the 17 - 19 in city! :11:
Really I do! I showed it to another owner of a 2014 SRT w/6 speed and he told me that his, which now has a Blower gets him 6 MPG but of course he has been on "peddle to the metal" since he just got his blower, but fact is when I showed him my MPG as we drove it was at 19 MPGs

Don't want to mislead anyone, I drive it to work and it is only 11.5 miles and I go through 8 stop lights, it is not like driving it in stop and go every block and in busy streets but, Yes 19 MPGs and no less than 17.
Belive it or not!

David

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Liberals

That is why there are gas guzzler taxes. Period. This is a FACT.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
It's double taxation because if you use more fuel you will pay more taxes at the pump.

Should be illegal to do this....

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Because they can! It's like carbon credits,or cap and trade,does nothing to help the environment,just a way to put their hands in our pockets.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
What kills me no matter how much the car manufacturers and we pay in penalty's for the Gas Guzzler Tax to help in some way with Americas dependance on oil the Oil Company's will make huge profits either way by passing their loss in production to us.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
While you are paying your gas guzzler tax and the tax on every gallon of gas you buy, remember that people with electric cars, and hybrids that use little gas, are not paying their fair share to keep the roads repaired! Since they don't buy gas, (or very little gas) they aren't paying the gas tax.....

It's been talked about in the press a little bit, because even the newer gasoline cars aren't using as much gas. Which means the federal, state, and county road repair budgets are starting to feel the pinch. Possible solutions bought up so far: yearly per-mile tax bill when you re-register, or some way of determining how many miles you've driven since your last fill-up and add that bill to your gas bill, at the gas station.

Of course, some will say that electric/hybrid cars deserve special treatment because of their "zero tailpipe emissions". I wonder what they think those smokestacks at your local power-generating stations are belching out while charging all those batteries? Perfume?

grrrrrrrrrr.......

·
Registered
456 Posts
Good ol American greed. Squeeze the little guy, hes too small and cant do jack about it. Similar to the water company last year. They said use less, save, save, save. so we did. they then turn to the city, we need a rate increase to cover the cost of the water everybodys not buying. (Gotta have healthy profits you know) So now I pay more money for less water! WTF? that's not the supply and demand I learned about.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts