Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of the red Challengers I see out there are either Torred or Octane Red. There are not very many Redline Red, which happens to be my favorite, with Octane in close second. I really don't care for Torred, has too much orange shading for me. Why was redline not more popular while it was around? Why did Dodge not produce many quick order packages in that color? I think it's a color that doesn't get nearly enough love.

·
Premium Member
2,042 Posts
I love Redline too. I don't think it's a matter of it not being popular, but some colors are only available for a certain amount of time. It seems TorRed has been available every year.

My car is purple, but I almost never see another one unless I'm at a car show.

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
My first Scat Pack was Redline Red, I loved it, but the finish was badly flawed and Dodge did a buy-back on it after about 6 weeks and I got a Go Mango Shaker as a replacement.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
That's a good question. I actually wanted to go with Redline red when I ordered my 2016. But the problem is that red seems to attract the wrong kind of attention. Not just cops/tickets, but the big problem is vandals and jealous *******s. That's why I went with silver.

It's a shame. I absolutely love Redline. It's a beautiful red with nice depth to it. Come to think of it, I'm not sure I've ever seen a Redline red Challenger in my area. A few Chargers yes.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's a good question. I actually wanted to go with Redline red when I ordered my 2016. But the problem is that red seems to attract the wrong kind of attention. Not just cops/tickets, but the big problem is vandals and jealous *******s. That's why I went with silver.

It's a shame. I absolutely love Redline. It's a beautiful red with nice depth to it. Come to think of it, I'm not sure I've ever seen a Redline red Challenger in my area. A few Chargers yes.
That's actually a good point. Darker or neutral colors like IndiGo, granite metallic, silver, black, destroyer grey, and white are all probably "safer" colors. Although, octane red isn't eye searing, it might be okay. I may have to bear that in mind when I finally buy my car.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My first Scat Pack was Redline Red, I loved it, but the finish was badly flawed and Dodge did a buy-back on it after about 6 weeks and I got a Go Mango Shaker as a replacement.
That's a shame, but certainly not a terrible compensation

·
Registered
118 Posts
MY 2015 6 speed rt is redline red and I am very happy with it. It is a tri coat paint that was an extra cost option. All the other colors were not extra cost so i think that limited the numbers ordered. My car is a one of one and I think being redline and a 6 speed is a big part of that. I have been careful and lucky that I have not needed paint repair. If I ever do it will be hard to match. I have been asked if it is a custom color. In some light conditions it is outstanding. In some light conditions it looks close to tor red which is also nice.

·
Super Moderator
14,408 Posts
Extra cost option.

When Redline Red first was available in '11 (only red color, Torred was dropped only for that year...)

it was a $995 option for Redline Red

later it decreased to $495, probably from customer feedback about the high price.

There were three other colors in that price range of $495

>Ivory White Pearl ['14 - '15]
>Phantom Black Pearl ['14 '15]

·
Registered
306 Posts
I just saw a Redline Red Challenger RT at the Dodge dealer today. It looks like Dodge has made the color TorRed darker without the orange tint in it. I looked online at some 2018 and early year 2019 Challengers for sale and they all have the orange tint in them. But the TorRed one that I saw at the dealer today was a deeper Red color. It definitely does not have an orange tint to it. And to add to this, I used to own a TorRed 2008 Dodge Charger R/T Road and Track for the last 11 years and mine definitely had the orange tint in it. Has Dodge changed the TorRed color and taken out the orange tint from the paint for the second half of the 2019 year? What’s going on?

·
Registered
13,539 Posts
Maybe just that one car or lighting or something, same paint code PR3 as before so color should be the same.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
306 Posts
Maybe just that one car or lighting or something, same paint code PR3 as before so color should be the same.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I hope you’re right because I checked it out all over and I can swear that there was no orange tint anywhere in the TorRed paint job.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Redline red

as with others...my 2016 Challenger HELLCAT with RedLine Red was $ 500/600 option.
It has to be seen in the sun light to really notice the sparkel >:)

Attachments

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nope, it worked out in my favor. The Redline car was a 6 speed, the Go Mango is an A8 and it actually should have been my first choice.
Nice. I'm definitely going with the A8 in my car, it's going to be my daily and I hate driving stick in slow moving traffic.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
About this Discussion
35 Replies
16 Participants
trakpak
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing