Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plugged my Battery Tender Plus with cigarette lighter adapter into both power outlets today...neither one worked. BTP kept blinking red...which means "not connected properly." But it was...I know the BTP is working, since it was in my other car.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Plugged my Battery Tender Plus with cigarette lighter adapter into both power outlets today...neither one worked. BTP kept blinking red...which means "not connected properly." But it was...I know the BTP is working, since it was in my other car.
my power outlets are not hot when ignition is turned off. Must be a relay opening the circuit so we dont kill the batt with our junk overnight :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you need to use the plug in the console, I have had mine hooked there all winter, works great
I tried both...neither one worked.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Check the fuse position on your console outlet, it can be set for constant or switched power. Take a look at the yellow 20 amp fuse, it has two positions.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check the fuse position on your console outlet, it can be set for constant or switched power. Take a look at the yellow 20 amp fuse, it has two positions.

I did not know that....great idea. Thanks!

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
It's the fuse like Phinatic said. By default they're set to power on when keyed on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts