Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last Friday I was playing tag with the kids. I decided to jump off a small wall as I was running. I didn't realize the walkway on the other side was on a downward slope until I was mid leap. I landed square on one heel and I knew it was over. I ended up with a Calcaneus Fracture. One of the bones pierced the skin as well. Needless to say I won't be driving anytime soon.

My wife seems to be enjoying the time with the car though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Roofers dumpster was put in front of the Challenger garage stall, so I was stuck driving the Durango all last weekend.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Roofers dumpster was put in front of the Challenger garage stall, so I was stuck driving the Durango all last weekend.

Shame on them roofers. But, not a bad trade off. I like the Durango.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Roofers, triple check for nails, watch them sweep with the big magnet or do it yourself.
After the hail storm from hell, half the houses in my area needed a new roof. I've had a total of 5 nails removed from our cars.
W

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Shame on them roofers. But, not a bad trade off. I like the Durango.

Lol, thanks.

I just picked it up a couple weeks ago for $2k. It's my rainy day and winter mobile.

2003 SLT Plus AWD/4WD, with 144k on it. It was a one owner and the guy gave me the all the service records. I love knowing it's full history.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Roofers, triple check for nails, watch them sweep with the big magnet or do it yourself.
After the hail storm from hell, half the houses in my area needed a new roof. I've had a total of 5 nails removed from our cars.
W

Where you from? We just had this hail storm from hell on June 11th. Every house around here is getting a new roof. We are also getting new siding on one side and the back of the house.

Oh, and I watched them use the magnet roller. I have also done at least 20 laps around the house looking for nails and scrap so my son or dog don't find one in their feet.

I think I've found about a dozen nails.

·
Registered
80 Posts
My alternative vehicle. Complete opposite of my low and fast hemi powered Lx (ram 1500 is the wifes)

4wd/on board air compressor w/tank/ air lockers/ lift/...quick. A bit done to it suspension/steering wise. Its bullet proof!

winch and aux lights coming soon.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,462 Posts
An open fracture of the heel!!!! That sounds like a 10 out of 10 to me. Hope you're not hobbled for too long.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Where you from?

I'm in San Antonio, April 2016 we got destroyed.

·
Registered
599 Posts
So last Friday I was playing tag with the kids. I decided to jump off a small wall as I was running. I didn't realize the walkway on the other side was on a downward slope until I was mid leap. I landed square on one heel and I knew it was over. I ended up with a Calcaneus Fracture. One of the bones pierced the skin as well. Needless to say I won't be driving anytime soon.

My wife seems to be enjoying the time with the car though.

A broken heel bone is a serious injury.

I broke my heel bone several years ago and I could not believe how long it took before I could even put weight on it, let alone walk normal again. For some reason, I had it in my mind it should heal a lot faster. :frown:

Here are a couple items that really helped me out:

A decent shower stool:

I rented one of these scooters from a local medical store.
I could not go very far on crutches and of course could not carry anything.
The scooter made going places and getting around a lot easier.

Good luck to you and may your recovery go well.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Ouch. I know that hurt. Get well soon and maybe the wife will let you have your car back....probably not, but maybe.

·
Registered
113 Posts
oh my, i am deeply sorry and i know your pain all too well.... You have just joined the heelie club, i too broke my calcaneus and it was 4 months without weight bearing 1 month partial weight bearing and 1 month in a walking boot, so a 6 month journey... for many it is a lifelong thing. i still cannot walk properly, have issues with swelling and pain, although i manage very well (work on my feet 8-12 hours a day 5 days a week). The knee scooter is a must have item dont even try the crutches route as well as the shower seat and maybe a transfer bench. Booky is very correct this is considered a serious injury. I know exactly what your going through, make sure you have some things to keep you busy and from going stir crazy, for me it was model cars/airplanes, video games, and reading books. If you have any questions dont hesitate to ask and best of luck with your recovery.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,798 Posts
Ouch! Tag you're it indeed! Hope you're afoot soon. A Guy

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Bummin' for you man, I blew out my Achilles' tendon this spring, been 4 months now and I'm walking and jogging and driving again, but I can relate to being out of the Challenger and off my feet for a little while. It sucks but you will get through it. Heal well and take your vitamins!

·
Super Moderator
15,339 Posts
Hope your recovery goes well and you come along with full function.

I slipped / fell on ice in January of this year - dislocated elbow, fractured radius bone and tore all the ligaments in the elbow - so had surgery 10 days after the initial injury and have a titanium implant that replaced 1 1/2" of bone that was not viable. My right arm.

It was 3 weeks until I finally was out of the rigid splint and into a brace that allowed range of motion, I could then drive the Challenger ('stick) and shifting to 5th / 6th took extra effort the first few days.
-I lost a lot of strength in the arm that took PT and time to build back up.

Whatever exercise is recommended, follow through on it. Recovery takes time...I'm 7 1/2 months out and still working on my arm.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts