Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,706 Posts
Reactions: Nubs

·
Premium Member
4,023 Posts
I like the red/blue combination. But I would like to see a side/angled view. The diffuser looks a little long from this view.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Who is the manufacturer of the wicker bill?
Custom wicker from carcavecreations

I'd have to see a side/angled view, but I'm not a fan of the red accents. Look like safety reflective "DON'T REAR END ME" things.
Hmmm I see what you mean. I may just go body matched blue or just keep them black. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
2009 B5 SRT8 M6
221 Posts
Personally I'm not a huge fan of either, looks like a tacked on afterthought that doesn't actually do anything, but if you like it, no need to ask for others opinions

·
Registered
2019 Scat Pack triple nickel 6 speed manual.
161 Posts
Sorry man but it looks too Hood Ratt for my tastes

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,706 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat. 2017 Scatpack.
2,417 Posts
sorry OP, but imho thats all way too busy (cosmetically) and niether of those two mods are doing anything but add weight & unnessicary snag points.
Honestly, unless you are at "racing" speeds on the street all the time, also running full underbelly pan and have thus, actually tuned the cars aero - for the proper positioning of both the diffuser (used to increase air velocity & "clean up" turbulent exiting slip) and the "bill" (used to slow velocity, and thus create downforce) you maybe actually degrading performance at several levels.
People make, sell and or bolt this design/function fail stuff on, without any real understanding about aero and the complicated systems engineering behind it, which makes it all work - like its supposed to.
But its your car, if it makes you feel faster, by all means.

·
Registered
2019 M6 Scat Pack
827 Posts
sorry OP, but imho thats all way too busy (cosmetically) and niether of those two mods are doing anything but add weight & unnessicary snag points.
Honestly, unless you are at "racing" speeds on the street all the time, also running full underbelly pan and have thus, actually tuned the cars aero - for the proper positioning of both the diffuser (used to increase air velocity & "clean up" turbulent exiting slip) and the "bill" (used to slow velocity, and thus create downforce) you maybe actually degrading performance at several levels.
People make, sell and or bolt this design/function fail stuff on, without any real understanding about aero and the complicated systems engineering behind it, which makes it all work - like its supposed to.
I have a ZL1 diffuser, and while I understand your points, I think I disagree with your opinion as it definitely does prevent the rear bumper cover from turning into a parachute. It smooths out that entire leading edge and that's gotta mean something.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Didn't put it on to make me "feel" faster. The diffuser has an aluminum under belly pan. Both the diffuser and wicker weigh less than 5 pounds together so weight gain is negligible as I have a rear seat delete and tune. Haven't noticed any dips in performance. I like the look and I do drive my car hard and track it sometimes. I haven't lowered my car and don't plan to so I don't think I have to worry about snag points if that's what you were referring to. I'm also planning (God willing)in the next few months on forced induction with forged internals. Is that a no no too? Mixed reactions out there especially if the tune is bad but I have several good options here in my area.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts