Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Hellcat Red Eye Widebody
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

Yesterday I posted two weird things and poorly labeled the title, "Who loves a mystery?", about how the dodge.com website no longer changed the picture of the challenger on their "build and price" page when the WB option was checked. You could still check it, but it didn't translate. And then I saw that the nadaguides.com website had verbiage saying the WB was discontinued. I brought this to the attention of a local dealership and the salesman said he'd check it out.

10 minutes ago I got a call from my dealer who confirmed the discontinuation but thought we had until Monday to get the order in. He then ran my final option choices to price the car for me - and it was denied. My goal was to place the order so the car arrived in mid to late April after the salt had washed off our wintry roads.

So 'tis true no WB orders. Hopefully, as one poster replied yesterday (thank you, sir!) this is temporary.

Best,

Finface

·
Super Moderator
14,797 Posts
there may be a production restriction - either supplier issues or QC matters on those parts.

this happened on Tremec (M6) tranny in past years, and at other times when the 3.6 Pentastar engine orders outpaced what could be fulfilled.

And in '15, FCA estimated conservatively on Hellcat superchargers and had some restrictions on how many they could build at the time.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Hal. Hopefully we'll know more soon.

·
Super Moderator
14,797 Posts
I can select the WB option on a Scat Pack

also tried for Hellcat and Hellcat Redeye - worked on both, all the way through the Summary Page for the online build.

Might have been a temporary restriction, as in the prior post - it can occur for various reasons.

I remember the initial Demons were held back for more inspections and QC - suspect it was to get better fitment on the WB parts (or maybe even for paint). I don't know if the wheel flares are painted by the supplier.

- the color match is spot on with the body with the flares. The front / rear bumper covers, door handles and mirrors are pre-painted by the supplier and shipped to the plant for all models.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hal,

The morning before yesterday I first noticed that while I could select the WB option on the Scat Pack and Hellcat models, the photo of the car did not change. It didn't show the WB like it always had done. Then the nadaguide.com comment on their "build" page that shows invoice and MSRP yesterday, quoted here;

"-inc: Widebody Fender Flares, Tires: P305/35ZR20 (107Y) AS Performance, Widebody Competition Suspension, Pirelli Brand Tires, Brembo 6-Pot Fixed Front Caliper Brakes, Wheels: 20" x 11.0" Devil's Rim Aluminum, Adaptive Damping Suspension, Performance Shift Indicator
(DISC) No longer available for factory ordering as of February 5, 2019. *No Longer Factory Orderable, See Dealer for Current Availability*"

I don't think we can order them right now, but I'm crossing my fingers. I joked in my "mystery" post that it was discontinued due to too many rock chips *grin*.

If anyone here is, or knows, a Dodge insider please see if you can find out why, and maybe get an idea of how long, they can't be ordered. Thanks!

Best,

Finface

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,724 Posts
You can choose the option, but the picture doesn't change to the widebody is what he's saying. Also this if you try to configure on Nada Guides

Wide Body Package

-inc: Widebody Fender Flares, Tires: P305/35ZR20 (107Y) AS Performance, Widebody Competition Suspension, Pirelli Brand Tires, Brembo 6-Pot Fixed Front Caliper Brakes, Wheels: 20" x 11.0" Devil's Rim Aluminum, Adaptive Damping Suspension, Performance Shift Indicator
(DISC) No longer available for factory ordering as of February 5, 2019. *No Longer Factory Orderable, See Dealer for Current Availability*

A Guy

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
You can choose the option, but the picture doesn't change to the widebody is what he's saying. Also this if you try to configure on Nada Guides

Wide Body Package

-inc: Widebody Fender Flares, Tires: P305/35ZR20 (107Y) AS Performance, Widebody Competition Suspension, Pirelli Brand Tires, Brembo 6-Pot Fixed Front Caliper Brakes, Wheels: 20" x 11.0" Devil's Rim Aluminum, Adaptive Damping Suspension, Performance Shift Indicator
(DISC) No longer available for factory ordering as of February 5, 2019. *No Longer Factory Orderable, See Dealer for Current Availability*

A Guy

They have to do something to justify finding one 10yrs from now with 3000mi on it. So hurry up all you guys that need a "collectors" car, they're going fast. :D

·
Registered
379 Posts
Just placed an order at my dealer for a Sublime Scat Pack widebody.
Order was accepted by FCA at 9:15am today.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Finface,
If indeed the WB is discontinued and does not return, I am almost positive you can find one in the color you want with 90% of the options you want by searching dealer inventories for on the ground or inbound cars. Does 500 or even 1000 miles away matter to you if you can get the car you want? Start searching inventory online thru the Dodge site and see if there are any that would be acceptable to you. I've bought both of my last two Dodges out of town and have no problem getting them serviced at my local (trustworthy) Dodge dealer.

·
Vendor
12,063 Posts
Not discontinued, fake news

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just did a quick search on the Dodge site. Within 150 miles of my location in Maryland there were 36 WB Scats.
Almost every color was represented. Most were pretty much fully optioned with MSRP's between 52-55k. Almost all had discounts of 6-8k. How much were you hoping to get off on an ordered car? Maybe worth buying now and parking it until you consider the roads good to go for the season:)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thats kind of what I thought Luke. I still think he should buy what he wants now. Why wait months when he could be driving next week?

·
Registered
3,491 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My dealer tried to run it through here in Kentucky about an hour after yours and said it wasn't accepted.

Happy for you!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Luke,

At 1045 you said, "fake news", which I find a little, let's say...firm response to what I posted. Three independent sources indicating the WB was discontinued is what I posted. If fake news you must believe pretty well coordinated. Or, you're calling me something *grin*.

But I see you're a dealer from your FB post so okay, you hadn't gotten the word. I'd love that Octane Red Red Eye!

35 minutes later you're saying "1320's, Redeyes and wide bodies are all restricted, must be sold units to be ordered.....cannot be ordered for the lot". Thank you for posting that, but what does that mean? What is commonality between not being able to order narrow body 1320's, all Red Eyes and all WB's?

Rocket Man - I'll start a search and thank you for the suggestion, but I imagine we'll suddenly see a premium slapped on the WB's.

Hmmm, hey Dodge! Ford is coming out with a GT500 with over 700 HP.

Best,

Finface

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I wonder...would Dodge put this word out and temporarily cease taking orders to juice sales of cars already on the lot? Nah...just an idle thought.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts