Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Finface, if it were true FCA decided to discontinue the Widebody, it would be BIG news.

There are many Automotive magazines and YouTuber's that keep up on FCA's latest and greatest moves.

Show me ONE report or article from a reliable source that the Widebody is discontinued, or your Thread is nothing more than False News.

·
Registered
56 Posts
If Luke says fake news, I believe him. He's not exactly new to this game. Also if no more WB's were to be true, I don't think any premiums will be added, at least not at first. Act now and drive next week :)

·
Registered
9,222 Posts
Post #15 by Luke.

Sold orders only taken, not orders for dealer's lots. That's the "restriction" from FCA.

So, if someone is trying to order a car, and the dealer keeps saying that they aren't available, guess what the problem is........READ POST 15.

·
Registered
9,222 Posts
Luke,

At 1045 you said, "fake news", which I find a little, let's say...firm response to what I posted. Three independent sources indicating the WB was discontinued is what I posted. If fake news you must believe pretty well coordinated. Or, you're calling me something *grin*.

But I see you're a dealer from your FB post so okay, you hadn't gotten the word. I'd love that Octane Red Red Eye!

35 minutes later you're saying "1320's, Redeyes and wide bodies are all restricted, must be sold units to be ordered.....cannot be ordered for the lot". Thank you for posting that, but what does that mean? What is commonality between not being able to order narrow body 1320's, all Red Eyes and all WB's?

Rocket Man - I'll start a search and thank you for the suggestion, but I imagine we'll suddenly see a premium slapped on the WB's.

Hmmm, hey Dodge! Ford is coming out with a GT500 with over 700 HP.

Best,

Finface
Hmmmm, buy the Ford then. End your headache around here.

·
Registered
2019 Hellcat Red Eye Widebody
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
19Johned,

You wrote; "Post #15 by Luke. Sold orders only taken, not orders for dealer's lots. That's the "restriction" from FCA.

So, if someone is trying to order a car, and the dealer keeps saying that they aren't available, guess what the problem is........READ POST 15."

I read it - Luke says (Luke's amplification that they ARE NOT taking orders on 1320's, all RedEyes, and all WB's) - and I don't get it. I don't understand what you're saying, John.

Can you please explain what is going on in plain language? Thanks.

Best,

Finface

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
And John...the Hey Dodge, Fords....

...was mostly in jest.

·
Registered
9,222 Posts
When a dealer "builds" a car on the FCA system, they can "order" it as a sold car (like you're wanting to do), or they can order it for their inventory (car for their lot).

A "restriction" by FCA is nothing more than a temporary status either allowing or not allowing a dealer to order a specific car or package on a car.

If the dealer that you're working with is trying to order a car as an inventory car, FCA won't accept the order if its restricted for inventory cars.

Either your dealer doesn't know what they are doing, or they are up to something, and giving you a line of crap.

That's why other members are getting their orders placed. The dealer is ordering a SOLD vehicle.

Your dealer is ordering an inventory vehicle, and FCA won't accept the order.

See WTF your dealer is doing and why, or find a dealer that will really order you a car.

Best of luck

·
Premium Member
1,857 Posts
Finface.

Since you are having trouble ordering your wide body, I suggest emailing Luke and scheduling a time for a phone call, and price out exactly what you want. Steve White Motors has a good rep, and gives good deals, and they can either ship it to you, or you you can fly in and drive it home.

What most likely is happening is your dealer doesnt have a allocation, or doenst understand the restriction.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Assuming they are only taking customer orders, why are there 36 on the ground within 150 miles of the DC area?
I'm sure that means there are 100's around the country. Finface, have you looked to see if any would be like you would order one within a couple of hundred miles of you? You could have a car next week.

·
Registered
9,222 Posts
Assuming they are only taking customer orders, why are there 36 on the ground within 150 miles of the DC area?
I'm sure that means there are 100's around the country. Finface, have you looked to see if any would be like you would order one within a couple of hundred miles of you? You could have a car next week.
Because they were ordered before FCA put on the restriction.

Restrictions come and go, and length of time can vary.

As steeler stated too, his dealer may very well not have an allocation for this car, and doesn't want to tell him that.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I ordered mine last night with no issues so far. They didn't call me with a conformation but they also didn't call saying it didn't get accepted either, but it is the weekend so I'm not even sure if the factory does anything with orders over the weekend.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Gents,

Really can't thank all of you enough for chiming in - and John excellent explanation and caution about possible gamesmanship. Better than a Tylenol *grin*.

One of my local dealers, whom I had alerted to the cues I found yesterday (dodge website no longer updating car image to WB although letting you select it, and nadaguide.com message saying as of 5 February WB being discontinued) yesterday afternoon, called me this morning and said their information was orders would only be accepted through Monday. Then he said he'd run my list of options through an "order" to see about the price they could offer me. That took only about 7 minutes and he called back and said it didn't fly.

Maybe they tried a lot order and that is why it didn't fly. Maybe my original post's title of "Who Loves a Mystery?" was the right one. I'll be asking some questions for sure over the next several days.

And for the record, Boots, I'm not in any way trying to spread "fake news". Just trying to gain some understanding. We've had Luke from a dealership confirm today there was a sudden halt on ordering 1320's, Red Eye's, and all WB's. That this is apparently a selective FCA restriction on dealers buying cars for their own lot is good news to me and others who are planning on ordering cars. How could I know this distinction without the inside knowledge of ordering cars thankfully people here have?

It's all good - and thanks again to those who shared what they know so far about this.

Best,

Finface

·
Registered
119 Posts
Pretty interesting, Ill be following this thread to see if anyone can figure out what the issue is. Hopefully not a quality issue or slow sales. For the record Ive had mine about 6 weeks now and zero quality issues.

·
Registered
342 Posts
All,

Yesterday I posted two weird things and poorly labeled the title, "Who loves a mystery?", about how the dodge.com website no longer changed the picture of the challenger on their "build and price" page when the WB option was checked. You could still check it, but it didn't translate. And then I saw that the nadaguides.com website had verbiage saying the WB was discontinued. I brought this to the attention of a local dealership and the salesman said he'd check it out.

10 minutes ago I got a call from my dealer who confirmed the discontinuation but thought we had until Monday to get the order in. He then ran my final option choices to price the car for me - and it was denied. My goal was to place the order so the car arrived in mid to late April after the salt had washed off our wintry roads.

So 'tis true no WB orders. Hopefully, as one poster replied yesterday (thank you, sir!) this is temporary.

Best,

Finface
https://www.chrysler.com/webselfservice/mopar/EmailPage.html
I have always received a reply from this email address.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
SFCR,

I just sent an inquiry asking the bottom line question about ordering. Great link, thank you!

Finface

21 - 40 of 72 Posts