Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Man that makes me jealous. I built a Scat Pack widebody on the Canadian website, optioned very similar to that. It came to over $62000. If it actually was only around 46, I'd probably place that same order right now but in indigo blue. Damn our terrible dollar.

·
Registered
13,953 Posts
Here’s my order sheet.
See at the bottom, Priority 4 Dealer Order? That's an order for dealer stock and low priority.

You want that to read Priority 1 Sold Order and that could make all the difference this time of year. Early in the year, dealers will get their stock even at the expense of Sold Orders but you always want your POC to show a customer sold order with your name and address on it.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
838 Posts
See at the bottom, Priority 4 Dealer Order? That's an order for dealer stock and low priority.

You want that to read Priority 1 Sold Order and that could make all the difference this time of year. Early in the year, dealers will get their stock even at the expense of Sold Orders but you always want your POC to show a customer sold order with your name and address on it.

Good eye. If it's ordered for dealer stock, his name won't be on the window sticker, which is one of the fun things about ordering a car.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,953 Posts
I think it's funny that they mark up the tax. I remember seeing that when I ordered my car.
Oh the Gas Guzzler? It's only for the dealer lol, and there's a very simple reason. When the dealer gets their Holdback from FCA they get 3% of the MSRP of the car and options and since FCA doesn't want to give them the 3% on a tax they charge them the 3% up front on the Invoice price and they'll get it back when the get the Holdback.

·
Registered
56 Posts
So if it's true that only customer orders are going thru he's probably not getting that car right? Also I don't get people ordering cars and getting 3 or 4k off when I searched and found 36 WB cars within 150 miles of DC and most were showing 6-8k off.

·
Registered
838 Posts
So if it's true that only customer orders are going thru he's probably not getting that car right? Also I don't get people ordering cars and getting 3 or 4k off when I searched and found 36 WB cars within 150 miles of DC and most were showing 6-8k off.
For me, I wanted my car optioned a specific way (something I could not find on a dealer lot) and I wanted my name on the window sticker.

·
Registered
13,953 Posts
Agree on getting exactly what you want and nothing that you don't want, that obviously can lower the price right there. And I bet most of those 6 to 8K off deals have strings attached. I called one of those Maryland dealers a few years ago and there were rebates figured in the price that I didn't qualify for and they were trying to scam customers by charging another transportation fee on top of the factory destination charge. When it all got sorted out, I could order a car from a local dealer for about the same price so that's what I did.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I understand about getting exactly what you want. Also agree some of those deals have strings attached, but not all. Some are simply listed as dealer discount.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Anyone with any connections know why this has happened? Poor sales, quality control, suppliers issues?

·
Vendor
12,063 Posts
be glad to order one, all WB and Redeyes must be sold units in order to place an order, cannot currently be order for the lot

Capture.PNG

·
Premium Member
524 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
I understand about getting exactly what you want. Also agree some of those deals have strings attached, but not all. Some are simply listed as dealer discount.
It’s all fine until you sit down and the price changes, advertised prices are to get you in the door and sitting down.

·
Super Moderator
14,797 Posts
but why steve, why????

hahha
Wide body models get processed through the Upfit Vendor after they leave Brampton Assembly.

This is a 3rd party company that has two facilities, one nearby in Bolton and the other in Windsor (nearly 4 hours away) - cars are sent to both facilities.

This vendor does:
Shaker installations
T/A installations
spray-in truck bed liners

installation of 20 x 11" wheels for wide body models [the 11" wheels won't fit on the assembly line equipment]

There's a limit as for capacity - its likely to insure customer orders get ordered / built / delivered in a timely fashion.

Ground Effects Ltd (vendor) used to only have one facility (Windsor). During the MY 2015, the 2nd location opened up and this has helped speed up the turn around. My SPS was in / out within 2 days (build Fall 2015), it was taking weeks in prior model years.

If you had dealers doing speculative orders that end up sitting on lots, only to get discounted after a year of setting around unsold and paid orders being slower to deliver.

Look at the Hellcats - '16 was a peak year for production and dealers stockpiled that model, thinking it was still like 2015 (markups of $10 - 30K) and there were a lot of leftover '16s still sitting on lots at the end of MY 2017...

There were a number of instances of people tired of waiting for their ordered 'Cats that they either
-bought one found at another dealer
-bought something else other than a Challenger

·
Registered
119 Posts
Wide body models get processed through the Upfit Vendor after they leave Brampton Assembly.

This is a 3rd party company that has two facilities, one nearby in Bolton and the other in Windsor (nearly 4 hours away) - cars are sent to both facilities.

This vendor does:
Shaker installations
T/A installations
spray-in truck bed liners

installation of 20 x 11" wheels for wide body models [the 11" wheels won't fit on the assembly line equipment]

There's a limit as for capacity - its likely to insure customer orders get ordered / built / delivered in a timely fashion.

Ground Effects Ltd (vendor) used to only have one facility (Windsor). During the MY 2015, the 2nd location opened up and this has helped speed up the turn around. My SPS was in / out within 2 days (build Fall 2015), it was taking weeks in prior model years.

If you had dealers doing speculative orders that end up sitting on lots, only to get discounted after a year of setting around unsold and paid orders being slower to deliver.

Look at the Hellcats - '16 was a peak year for production and dealers stockpiled that model, thinking it was still like 2015 (markups of $10 - 30K) and there were a lot of leftover '16s still sitting on lots at the end of MY 2017...

There were a number of instances of people tired of waiting for their ordered 'Cats that they either
-bought one found at another dealer
-bought something else other than a Challenger
Thanks for taking the time to answer, guess its just a temporary back up at 3rd party installer and priority only for sold orders.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It’s all fine until you sit down and the price changes, advertised prices are to get you in the door and sitting down.
Exactly. When I was shopping around for mine I found a dealer in Virginia with a price that looked too good to be true. 55k sticker for 45k. When it came time to get down to real #s, everything changed. Their 45k price didn't include the desitnation fee which was added back into the price as a "dealer option" and another $1300 for doc fee. Who falls for that stuff? Sales rep said to me - "well be honest - the price got you on the phone with me." Ended up ordering mine locally for invoice, dealer spilt the hold back with me and there were a couple of rebates. Fair deal for everybody.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts