Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealership had one on the floor this morning when dropping my ride for a wheel balance. Didn't think I was a huge fan of the look. But in person it's much better. And those wheels. Really like those a lot. Hopefully some replicas are made or there is something similar already on the market.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Weather true wide body or flares I think they always add a nice touch to most vehicles especially if they already looked mean. Ahhhh it’s nice to dream

·
Premium Member
9,348 Posts
They call it a wide body but it’s only fender flares so a huge FAIL. I kbow people disagree with me and try to justify it by saying it’s a good bang for the buck at ONLY $6000. That’s a lot of money for what you get, the Challenger looks far better without those LEGO looking slapped on abominations.
Chrysler loves bolt-on’s and stickers to squeeze money out of people.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Last time I was at my local dealer there was a silver one on the lot which looked like it must have just came off the truck. It was absolutely filthy, already had a noticeable door ding on the bodyline over the right rear, and a rock literally wedged between the deck lid and right rear quarter. I wanted to cry..... As far as the look, I can dig it. The only thing I thought was a bit hokey was the way they blended the front side markers in to the flare. Other than that, I'd drive it ;-)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have yet to see the widebody in person, I know in pictures some of the available colors definitely make the flares blend a little better in my opinion, they appear less like an afterthought. I have also been wondering if its worth the dough, I know the hellcat is infamously undertired, but I had the pleasure of driving one for a week and at this moment, would rather just stuff the biggest tire under the standard body that I can. Are there other performance gains other than the obvious? very curious about this myself

·
Registered
576 Posts
Well for those who have posted negative opinions about the Widebody I would suggest seeing one in person and driving it before posting opinions negative or otherwise. Dodge did a good job with the car and it recieved much needed additional grip and the related benefits that brings. The electric power steering is nice and further aids in performance. The wide wheels look and perform great and the tweaked suspension settings take advantage of the available hardware.

As far as looks I believe it gives the car a lot more presence. Makes it look lower and more stylish. The quality of the flares is very good and the way they are integrated into the oevarall function of the car is well done. I have been to two local shows and everyone was very complimentary and the car recievd more attention than any other car present regardless of it was a classic or late model.

I have had several Challengers and passed on the original Hellcat because it really needed more grip and well overall appeal. Love the original and I congratulate all those original Hellcat owners / brothers and sisters who purchased and own one. When the Widebody came out I decided it was time to pick one up and it was worth the wait for me. Love the car and the looks in person is awesome. I also own a 2017 Z06 that I also really enjoy but right now the Widebody is getting most of the attention out in the wild.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts