Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
737 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,366 Posts
Why didn’t you just buy a car with them factory installed? I wouldn’t go that route as I can only see the overfenders chafing the paint off the fenders even if there is no drilling as it did on a factory installed overlay on my pickup years ago. I must be the odd man out as I don’t care for any wide body bolts ons. They should have made body panels that bowed out and not slap them on as an overlay. I wish you well though.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Why didn’t you just buy a car with them factory installed? I wouldn’t go that route as I can only see the overfenders chafing the paint off the fenders even if there is no drilling as it did on a factory installed overlay on my pickup years ago. I must be the odd man out as I don’t care for any wide body bolts ons. They should have made body panels that bowed out and not slap them on as an overlay. I wish you well though.
I agree with this. Since when did fender flares become a wide body? Wide body cars should have had a way different body then the narrow body cars. Rear quarters should have been pushed out along with the fronts, hell the old Mercury capri is a good example along with some of the Porsche

·
Premium Member
10,366 Posts
I agree with this. Since when did fender flares become a wide body? Wide body cars should have had a way different body then the narrow body cars. Rear quarters should have been pushed out along with the fronts, hell the old Mercury capri is a good example along with some of the Porsche
Look at the camaro, they stretch out behind the doors.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger RT Plus
379 Posts
Agreed. In fact I started a whole post about this. Fender flares do not equal wide body.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
For most people, I think the wide-body "look" is the main attraction. If there were some OEM-like fender flares that were relatively easy to install and more importantly, actually stay put and fit perfectly, they would be a popular item. Add some wheel spacers and you'd have the "widebody look".

However, from what I've seen, the aftermarket OEM-like widebody kits just don't stay put over time - they pull away from the body, even with the strongest adhesive. You also have to deal with the marker lights, which the fender flares have to go over top of. In theory, they seem great - but in practice, not so much. :)

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
713 Posts
However, from what I've seen, the aftermarket OEM-like widebody kits just don't stay put over time - they pull away from the body, even with the strongest adhesive. You also have to deal with the marker lights, which the fender flares have to go over top of. In theory, they seem great - but in practice, not so much. :)
Agreed.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,715 Posts

:D

A Guy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts