Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am 59 years old, a lifelong gearhead, and just made a few "Lifetime Firsts". First new car (my newest driver up to this point was a 1977 model year), First Mopar (grew up in a GM household. Although I admired many Mopars over the years I had a serious GM addiction). I bought a 2016 392 Scat Pack Shaker. Because it was a '16 I felt I got a pretty good deal on it. I actually had no intention of buying a new car but my wife and I recently went on vacation and when she told me she was renting a car I said "Don't rent something lame!" Being the great wife she is - she rented us a Challenger. I was stoked because I was a fan since they were re-introduced in 2009 but had never driven one. I expected a SXT, but to my surprise it was a 5.7 Hemi R/T. We immediately were impressed and after a few days driving it around my wife (did I mention how GREAT she is!) said "What would you think about selling my Chevelle and buying a Challenger?" She had a 1966 Chevelle SS that she loved. It was a really nice car. I told her that if she was really on board with that idea I would sell my second-generation Camaro that I love as well. Well we sold the Chevelle today (that was a little tough on her) and I am readying the Camaro to do the same. We are really digging our foray into modern automotive technology! Our new Challenger is a total blast to drive! Compared to all the older muscle I've owned (which I am still a huge fan of) I am still blown away by what everyone else already knew - leave it in standard drive mode and you have little clue there is 485 hp waiting patiently under the hood. But stab the gas and it is a rocket! Some of my enthusiasm is no doubt my inexperience with anything that doesn't have a carburetor (or several), big cam, and stiff gears - but I am inclined to believe these newer Challengers are indeed something special. For me personally - this car makes way more sense than a new Camaro or Mustang. I look forward to learning a ton from all you guys. I have several questions already! Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,027 Posts
Welcome from California ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
394 Posts
Lots of people from Oregon on here too. Depending on where you live you may make a lot of friends you did not even know live close to you.

Ron

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Congratulations and welcome aboard! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts