Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you who have installed 275/40-20 tires or wider on rear, are fender paint chips an issue?

If so, how are you protecting the fenders? MOPAR mud flaps or 3M protective film? I am not a big fan of mud flaps and would rather go with the 3M film if it works.

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Challenger
63 Posts
I have 315's that stick out, currently I don't have anything but haven't had a problem with chips yet.
I'm not a fan of mudflaps so those are out the 3M scotchgard protection film would be my choice. I wonder if anyone here has that on their rear panels and if its really noticeable or not?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,871 Posts
The Mopar splash guards look like they belong. They match the lower cladding perfectly. I like the clean uncluttered look, and I must say, they look great on my car. Not "stuck on" at all. A Guy

·
Registered
119 Posts
The Mopar splash guards look like they belong. They match the lower cladding perfectly. I like the clean uncluttered look, and I must say, they look great on my car. Not "stuck on" at all. A Guy

IMG_4407.jpeg heres a view with 315s in the back. They’re kind of dwarfed by the tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,871 Posts
Yeah, it's better than nothing with those massive rollers, lol. A Guy

·
Registered
999 Posts

What he said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
The mud flaps look good depending on the color of the car. We had them on my wife's black SRT-8 and the looked good. I put them on my red car and hated it... so, I had the 3M clear installed instead.

·
Registered
155 Posts
i have the mopar mudflaps with 275/315's and they don't look out of place.whether or not they do anything is unclear. my volvo v70 turbo wagon has them also, so I'm a fan i guess

·
Registered
388 Posts
Where did you buy them?
From WorkPlayDrive video here:

That's a how to install them video with a 15% off code. The direct link to the product is:

https://www.luxeautoconcepts.net/collections/2015-dodge-challenger/products/2015-challenger-rear-fender-paint-protection-kit?rfsn=498004.152f9f&variant=33299059218

100$, a bit pricey however like I noted I am not worried about washing the rear every day now. Living in Oregon the rear end is dirty all the time with all the rain being kicked off the ground. The extra layer of paint protection keeps me from obsessively washing it every morning before I go to work. Now if only I would get the diffuser so to keep the rear camera from getting gritty every other day.(supposedly that helps keep the back cleaner as well.)

Ron

1 - 17 of 17 Posts