Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger RT
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I debated whether this should go under Tuning/Data (as the wideband is in service of it) or Bolt On's (cuz its mostly a bolt on part). OCD headache!

Anyway, I'm getting mine installed tomorrow (8/23). I'm having the exhaust shop drill the hole and weld the bung. My question is this: What is the preferred method for running the wire from the sensor into the cabin? I've seen a post or two where they cut a hole in the steering column boot, but I'm not crazy about that idea. Anyone aware of a better method? Casting an eye at Mr. @ChallyTatum as I know he's put one in.

·
Registered
849 Posts
There is a grommet lower and right of the brake booster that runs through the firewall and comes out behind the dash. You can reach under the dash (removing the carpet panel above the pedals) and acess it.
I have 5 gauges in my Challenger all ran through this way and today I am wiring two into my charger the same way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger RT
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's exactly what I needed, sir! Thanks very much.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,256 Posts
Yup I did the grommet as well but some cars have it occupied with a cable (like my 2015 M6). Just poked a hold next to it and feed the lines through. To bad the search feature here is a pain otherwise I would point you to the thread. Also look for Speedys Garage on google, he pretty much outlines the who process. Alternatively you can go through the trunk for power like @Toxic11 did but then you still need to feed the wideband cable in (some have used the big grommet around the steering column as well).

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
Yup I did the grommet as well but some cars have it occupied with a cable (like my 2015 M6). Just poked a hold next to it and feed the lines through. To bad the search feature here is a pain otherwise I would point you to the thread. Also look for Speedys Garage on google, he pretty much outlines the who process. Alternatively you can go through the trunk for power like @Toxic11 did but then you still need to feed the wideband cable in (some have used the big grommet around the steering column as well).
Yeah I followed the guide provided by Speedy's garage. It worked flawlessly. Mine required a power source that was only active with the car running and the fuse location Speedy provided is perfect.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger RT
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I've seen some of Speedy's videos before, but didn't think to look for one on this subject. I'll take a gander this evening.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,256 Posts
Yeah I followed the guide provided by Speedy's garage. It worked flawlessly. Mine required a power source that was only active with the car running and the fuse location Speedy provided is perfect.
Since I installed the front and rear dash cam, I found another good source to pull constant power, ACC power and GND which is to tap into the power outlet wires in the center console. Good for powering up low amp electronics, even though the fuses are 20 amp.

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts