Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2011 R/T 6M Bright White, 590whp 490wtq, Whipple 10psi, 274 cam, 1 7/8 LT headers, 429 gears
1,252 Posts
Yeah, I watched this on my lunch break. Looks like you do not need to weld a bung on the collector for it?
I hate pulling interior apart and I want to mount it on my steering column too.
Correct, Innovate recommends to install it after the collector but before the Xpipe or Hpipe

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Nice, do you see a big difference between the banks?... I ran one in each side when I dyno tuned it. The variation was very minimal if really any at all.
A little difference, not too much. They are about 15" downstream from the longtubes and about 10" in front of the X. They have helped a lot, especially with idle mixture. I can see I am a bit lean at full throttle, maybe 13.7-1. I bought a tuning kit for the quadrajet and it should arrive tomorrow. Properly tuned carburetors give up nothing to fuel injection. Key word is properly

Reactions: doc440

·
Premium Member
2011 R/T 6M Bright White, 590whp 490wtq, Whipple 10psi, 274 cam, 1 7/8 LT headers, 429 gears
1,252 Posts
A little difference, not too much. They are about 15" downstream from the longtubes and about 10" in front of the X. They have helped a lot, especially with idle mixture. I can see I am a bit lean at full throttle, maybe 13.7-1. I bought a tuning kit for the quadrajet and it should arrive tomorrow. Properly tuned carburetors give up nothing to fuel injection. Key word is properly
a tad lean! yeah WOT power, carbs do just as well... EFI shines on emissions and fuel economy.

·
Registered
‘18 Scat Pack 6 speed Magnuson blower
23 Posts
Old thread resurrection, I know.

I can not seem to find anyone near me to install a wideband bung in my car. I have contacted my tuner Twice over a month and heard nothing back so I have to assume they don't want to do it because the headers (long tube) are already in my car. I wish they would have offered or recommended a wideband install (at least the extra bung when installing the headers originally). Anyone know of a tuner in the N.E. Ohio area? Preferably in Ohio that speaks MOPAR?
I put the bung on the driver’s side pipe right after collector and before the cat. Local garage guy did it for $20 and it took him about 15 minutes. As mentioned by others, there is hole and grommet in the firewall near the steering column to run the wiring inside and under the dash. I have my setup powered off the cigarette lighter right now so it turns on with the ignition. Take the sensor with you when you get the bung welded in so you check clearances before drilling and welding. Buy a bung plug too 🤣 so you can plug the hole and wire up the sensor later, they‘re only a couple of bucks from Summit. The wiring isn’t too complicated once you see what is going on. I have mine connected to my Trinity T2 and it logs wideband AFR along with everything else.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
I put the bung on the driver’s side pipe right after collector and before the cat. Local garage guy did it for $20 and it took him about 15 minutes. As mentioned by others, there is hole and grommet in the firewall near the steering column to run the wiring inside and under the dash. I have my setup powered off the cigarette lighter right now so it turns on with the ignition. Take the sensor with you when you get the bung welded in so you check clearances before drilling and welding. Buy a bung plug too 🤣 so you can plug the hole and wire up the sensor later, they‘re only a couple of bucks from Summit. The wiring isn’t too complicated once you see what is going on. I have mine connected to my Trinity T2 and it logs wideband AFR along with everything else.

View attachment 1027379 View attachment 1027380
Hell yeah

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,234 Posts

View attachment 1027379 View attachment 1027380
Exactly how I did mine except I have long tubes, did it just past the primary merge about 3-4". $20, 15 minutes and the muffler guy had a bolt for me to plug it with.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,289 Posts
I have HP Tuners and the Pro Set, I am hoping it can be wired to that plus a gauge.

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
I have HP Tuners and the Pro Set, I am hoping it can be wired to that plus a gauge.
Innovate has 2 outputs.. I think most do.. I have one wired to the Trinity and one to HP tuners. The wire to the trinity will be going to a physical gauge soon.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,289 Posts
Innovate has 2 outputs.. I think most do.. I have one wired to the Trinity and one to HP tuners. The wire to the trinity will be going to a physical gauge soon.
Since my rear o2 sensors are not "On" I wonder if I can just have it installed there, it will read about 1/2 point leaner there than in the collect (so I have read). I am waiting to hear from OST what they recommend, I would rather just drop the car off to them. Also since it is always cylinder 8, should it go on the passenger side? Should I get 2 and daisy chain them together? Says they can be put in the primaries and 8 can be daisy chained together so 2 should be able to be done. Anyone near me, that has already done this (I want to see your install of course) want to make $500.00? I'll buy the parts and beer. Is $500.00 to cheap?

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,234 Posts
Since my rear o2 sensors are not "On" I wonder if I can just have it installed there, it will read about 1/2 point leaner there than in the collect (so I have read). I am waiting to hear from OST what they recommend, I would rather just drop the car off to them. Also since it is always cylinder 8, should it go on the passenger side? Should I get 2 and daisy chain them together? Says they can be put in the primaries and 8 can be daisy chained together so 2 should be able to be done. Anyone near me, that has already done this (I want to see your install of course) want to make $500.00? I'll buy the parts and beer. Is $500.00 to cheap?
I wouldn't put them post cats, one car may read .5 leaner another may read 1.5 leaner. At that point it's just as much of a guessing game as no sensor is imo. They also sell the clamp on o2 bungs if that's another option for you, I used that before the weld in bung and it worked great. Just drill it out with a uni bit, clamp over it and pop the sensor it, no leaks.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts