Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I'm on Youtube looking at Widebody Hellcat and Demon >:). I was wondering will Dodge make a Widebody for 392 Scatpack Shaker and 392 SRT?

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
As I'm on Youtube looking at Widebody Hellcat and Demon >:). I was wondering will Dodge make a Widebody for 392 Scatpack Shaker and 392 SRT?
Since its a $6K upcharge on a 'Cat WB over the standard body/ wheel - whether a potential buyer is willing to spring for that $$$ of an option becomes a question.

·
Registered
424 Posts
No thanks. If they truly want to make it with some widebody fenders, maybe. But so long as those JC Whitney afterthoughts are bolted on to achieve the "widebody," I'll leave it, not matter what model it's on.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Don't understand all the hate for the widebody.

Should definitely be an option for the T/As.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's crazy $6 grand just to add on the wide body they are sick. I actually like the look of the widebody to be honest looks more beastly and different.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
That's crazy $6 grand just to add on the wide body they are sick. I actually like the look of the widebody to be honest looks more beastly and different.
It's 6k for the wheels, tires, and widebody.

Doesn't sound all that crazy.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Don't understand all the hate for the widebody.

Should definitely be an option for the T/As.
All the hate is because it looks like a wide body kit on a pick up truck fender. If Dodge wanted to do it right they would have to tub and use shorter half shafts but that would be deviating from standard parts and therefore extremely expensive.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
All the hate is because it looks like a wide body kit on a pick up truck fender. If Dodge wanted to do it right they would have to tub and use shorter half shafts but that would be deviating from standard parts and therefore extremely expensive.
So for an alternative, this is pretty good. At least it isn't bolted on.

The whole point is affordable muscle.

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
It would also require new IRS cradle design and mounting points on the rear body moved inboard toward center of body - the cradle mounting points to the body are just inboard of the inner wheel well.
That's the limiting factor - it would be an extensive redesign.

The alternative - as has been done is offset the tire toward outer skin and use flares to have the exposed tire covered.

·
Registered
272 Posts
It would also require new IRS cradle design and mounting points on the rear body moved inboard toward center of body - the cradle mounting points to the body are just inboard of the inner wheel well.
That's the limiting factor - it would be an extensive redesign.

The alternative - as has been done is offset the tire toward outer skin and use flares to have the exposed tire covered.
Or another alternative would be to remove the flares and move to a state where the DMV doesn't require rear tires to be fully housed,LOL

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Or another alternative would be to remove the flares and move to a state where the DMV doesn't require rear tires to be fully housed,LOL
Because I totally love having my vehicle pelted with pebbles.

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
we have goons on the roads here in Oregon - with older Cherokees or Jeeps with no fenders and tire sticking out past the body.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts