Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at purchasing a Widebody Scat Pack by the end of the month. I have a few questions for those of you that already own them.

1. I have seen that there is an issue with the wider tires causing a lot of rock chips/road rash. Other than splash guards, what product have you used to help stop it?
2. Does it matter whether you have the all season or summer tires?
3. Any regrets after buying one that makes you wish you had gone standard body vs. wide body?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
26 Posts
1. The ZL1 Deluxe rock guards are great, you can also have some Xpel applied to the rocker panels and fenders

2. I have the all seasons, traction isn't great but the wider tires do help. I'll be getting some Nitto's in the near future. I'm sure the summer tires would help.

3. Im very happy with my decision on going with the widebody option. They look awesome in person, you get the stiffer springs for improved handling, devils rims that look great and the total widebody package is well worth it in my opinion!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input. Do the rock guards take away from the look of the Widebody at all?

·
Registered
175 Posts
I got the summer tires since I live in Las Vegas and already put on some splash guards on my Widebody. They do help some but I am still getting some splash marks on the rear flares.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Chet, which dealer in Charlotte did you work with? I was looking but there's nothing interesting in stock at Keffer, Stateline or the new one in Pineville.
I ordered mine through Keffer in October 2018. I doubt they have any widebody's in stock. You would probably have to order one or search online at different dealerships around NC and SC. Cars.com is a good search tool.

·
Registered
318 Posts
1. The ZL1 Deluxe rock guards are great, you can also have some Xpel applied to the rocker panels and fenders

2. I have the all seasons, traction isn't great but the wider tires do help. I'll be getting some Nitto's in the near future. I'm sure the summer tires would help.

3. Im very happy with my decision on going with the widebody option. They look awesome in person, you get the stiffer springs for improved handling, devils rims that look great and the total widebody package is well worth it in my opinion!

What He said, I am getting some road rash on the unprotected leading edge of the rear flairs.
I like my all season P-zeros and have been okay with the performance. Granted, I have not ran them on a road course yet.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Mine is not a daily driver, so I didn't go with the splash guards. As mentioned earlier, I had XPEL protective film applied to the rockers/flares.

I actually sold my 2016 Challenger SRT392 in order to get the widebody. I love it and have absolutely no regrets.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mine is not a daily driver, so I didn't go with the splash guards. As mentioned earlier, I had XPEL protective film applied to the rockers/flares.

I actually sold my 2016 Challenger SRT392 in order to get the widebody. I love it and have absolutely no regrets.
Slm, did you cover the rockers and just the leading edge of the rear flare?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Slm, did you cover the rockers and just the leading edge of the rear flare?
kstay203 - Installed a 12 inch strip from the rear of the front "flare", along the rockers including the front of the rear flare, and continuing from the back of the rear flare to back bumper - pretty much full coverage the length of the car (see attached).

Attachments

·
Registered
497 Posts
I have the Swaim as well, they are larger.
Also have PPF on the flares.
I have no regrets about the wide body, I get compliments frequently.

With the power of a HC you need as much tire as you can get.
I recently put Toyo R888R 325/30x20 tires on the OE 11" wheels on the rear. They are the widest tires that fit the 11" wheels.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
kstay203 - Installed a 12 inch strip from the rear of the front "flare", along the rockers including the front of the rear flare, and continuing from the back of the rear flare to back bumper - pretty much full coverage the length of the car (see attached).
Thanks for the pic - and sweet looking ride as well! From the sounds of what everyone is saying, I certainly won't regret the wide body. I just really like the looks of it and those wide tires on each corner are very cool in my opinion. I will most likely do splash guards and some clear cover of some type. Mine won't be a daily driver, but it's not going to be a garage queen either. It's going to get miles put on it when NE Ohio weather permits.

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
I like the Swaims their way bigger (Max protection)

You got that right! The Swains are way bigger. Picked up a set of Swains and ZL1 rock guards to see first hand which set would provided the best protection. It's quite obvious when placed side by side. Like the way the ZL1 guards are installed using clips only so I'll see if I can modify the swains installation using the clips...

HOT ROD ON

·
Registered
128 Posts
Only been a few weeks but...

1) No guards yet, but ZL1 is a local company so I may go pick up a set.

2) I run on the highway year round, so the all season's will be fine for me.

3) No regrets whatsoever. I struggled choosing a clean manual SP or a SPWB, both in octane red. Both beautiful cars. The SP had a manual 6 that I really wanted, but the widebody looked great, the wife liked it better and gave the green light for the price tag. The A8 transmission really is a wonder. The pics are literally the two cars I was choosing from. You can't go wrong so it is just about taste. Mad respect either way.

The widebody was optioned out with everything except the technology group-and I have yet to use cruise control on my '12 Charger bought new-so I don't think I'll miss it. Wish it had fog lights though!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Only been a few weeks but...

1) No guards yet, but ZL1 is a local company so I may go pick up a set.

2) I run on the highway year round, so the all season's will be fine for me.

3) No regrets whatsoever. I struggled choosing a clean manual SP or a SPWB, both in octane red. Both beautiful cars. The SP had a manual 6 that I really wanted, but the widebody looked great, the wife liked it better and gave the green light for the price tag. The A8 transmission really is a wonder. The pics are literally the two cars I was choosing from. You can't go wrong so it is just about taste. Mad respect either way.

The widebody was optioned out with everything except the technology group-and I have yet to use cruise control on my '12 Charger bought new-so I don't think I'll miss it. Wish it had fog lights though!
Thanks Iamstubb. I love the octane red, it's color choice number 2 for me. And my '15 SPS had the A8, and yes, I thought it was amazing as well.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts