Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Decay,

"I feel the need for speed!"

Oh, yeah!

You should not have encouraged me to go to the drag strip. None of you should have *grin*!

Finface

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've had my WB Scatpack for 2weeks today.... did a 500 mile trip to VT last weekend.... love this car .... it is a beast !! I did find two indentations, one one the outskirts of the roof above the passenger's door and one on the right quarter panel near the tail lights... The guy who is doing the ceramic coating and Xpel is going to take care of that for me... no paint chips just a slight dimple.... bummed about that.......
I am still up in the air on the Auto vs Stick......maybe because I prefer stick locally and prefer Auto on long drives...:lol:

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Just found out the car hit KZ status today. Should have it by mid-month.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I've had my WB Scatpack for 2weeks today.... did a 500 mile trip to VT last weekend.... love this car .... it is a beast !! I did find two indentations, one one the outskirts of the roof above the passenger's door and one on the right quarter panel near the tail lights... The guy who is doing the ceramic coating and Xpel is going to take care of that for me... no paint chips just a slight dimple.... bummed about that.......
I am still up in the air on the Auto vs Stick......maybe because I prefer stick locally and prefer Auto on long drives...:lol:
I just put 526 miles on mine by driving down to Provincetown the other day. Now that it’s broken in, I can open it up more on the highway. I always have mine in Sport Mode when I’m driving it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just found out the car hit KZ status today. Should have it by mid-month.
Hopefully it will be there soon for you! I'm still waiting on mine. Ordered 4/20, and it has been sitting somewhere since 5/14. The dealership I ordered it from has not been able to give me an answer.

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Hopefully it will be there soon for you! I'm still waiting on mine. Ordered 4/20, and it has been sitting somewhere since 5/14. The dealership I ordered it from has not been able to give me an answer.
That is complete BS! Don't take this the wrong way, but sounds like you ordered from the wrong dealership! I've been emailed at every movement of build status by my salesman. Now, he can't control where it sits and for how long, so it's possible I could end up in the same boat. But nearly 2 months of just sitting around? I'd consider cancelling and picking one up off the lot somewhere! Anyway, hope yours shows up sooner than later.

·
Registered
50 Posts
That is complete BS! Don't take this the wrong way, but sounds like you ordered from the wrong dealership! I've been emailed at every movement of build status by my salesman. Now, he can't control where it sits and for how long, so it's possible I could end up in the same boat. But nearly 2 months of just sitting around? I'd consider cancelling and picking one up off the lot somewhere! Anyway, hope yours shows up sooner than later.
I shouldn't say that there have been no updates from the dealer, there have been no truthful ones. It's bad how many lies have been thrown my way on this deal its crazy. I have all the texts from the salesman to prove it. If I put all the texts together from them, the car has bounced between Detroit and Toledo about 5 times now. If I could find an Indigo Blue M6 widebody on a dealers lot, I'd have cancelled it by now.

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I shouldn't say that there have been no updates from the dealer, there have been no truthful ones. It's bad how many lies have been thrown my way on this deal its crazy. I have all the texts from the salesman to prove it. If I put all the texts together from them, the car has bounced between Detroit and Toledo about 5 times now. If I could find an Indigo Blue M6 widebody on a dealers lot, I'd have cancelled it by now.
Man, that really stinks. Talk about a bad buying experience. I'd be sure to let everyone know the name of that dealership. There are several automatics around, but hardly any manuals in Indigo. I hope your car shows up soon, but something sure sounds fishy.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I've had mine for 3 weeks now. Get the summer tires, unless you plan to purchase your own Summer High Performance tires upon delivery. The widebody is amazing. The suspension is tight, it looks good, and the fat ass tires make hooking on the street incredible. I can't believe how well I can hook a pull, in track mode, without hardly having to moderate my throttle squeeze as I rip through gears. The tires sell the upgrade IMHO.

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I've had mine for 3 weeks now. Get the summer tires, unless you plan to purchase your own Summer High Performance tires upon delivery. The widebody is amazing. The suspension is tight, it looks good, and the fat ass tires make hooking on the street incredible. I can't believe how well I can hook a pull, in track mode, without hardly having to moderate my throttle squeeze as I rip through gears. The tires sell the upgrade IMHO.
You're not the first person to say that about the summer tires. I did not, however, order them. Figured I'd give the all seasons a try and see how they work with how I drive. Good chance I won't have them on long. I've got a good connection for tires, so picking something different won't be a big deal if I don't like them. Glad to hear you are enjoying your wide body!

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Rwg78000 - just curious, are you able to pull up your build sheet and/or your window sticker on line? If your car is in the status you have been told it is in you should be able to.

·
Registered
438 Posts
You're not the first person to say that about the summer tires. I did not, however, order them. Figured I'd give the all seasons a try and see how they work with how I drive. Good chance I won't have them on long. I've got a good connection for tires, so picking something different won't be a big deal if I don't like them. Glad to hear you are enjoying your wide body!
Yeah man you really want Summer High Performance or Summer Ultra High Performance tires if you want great summer handling.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Rwg78000 - just curious, are you able to pull up your build sheet and/or your window sticker on line? If your car is in the status you have been told it is in you should be able to.
Yeah. I printed out both back in early May. As of yesterday, I was told it is sitting in Swanton Ohio. They're saying Toledo is backed up and, get this, they said they're trying to let me go get it myself, which I could and would at this point. Now, I could be wrong, but I don't see anything but a rail yard in Swanton, Ohio. My guess, and its only a guess, is that it's sitting in a rail car.

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Mine just arrived! Will sit at the dealership until I get back from vacation.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Finally got around to installing the rock guards on the Demon and my major concern was drilling holes in the wheel well liner and I really didn't want to go there. Installed the Swaims on the front along with a u shaped mounting bracket that I made so no drilling for the top hole was necessary. The rear required you to drill threes holes per side for mounting, so I installed the ZL1 guards that use clips and a piece of double sided tape where the only hole was to be drilled at the bottom. So, I ended up with no hole in one....

HOT ROD ON

·
Registered
10 Posts
Love my 2019 SP WB, Destroy gray 1000 miles (no problems), Xpel PPF entire front clip, flares and 10 " of the rockers. First oil change at 939 miles. Will be doing a 1000 mile road trip in a couple of days. No regerts!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Love my 2019 SP WB, Destroy gray 1000 miles (no problems), Xpel PPF entire front clip, flares and 10 " of the rockers. First oil change at 939 miles. Will be doing a 1000 mile road trip in a couple of days. No regerts!
Nice car! I love mine but as Finface pointed out it is a gateway drug so mine is currently up for sale and a 20 Hellcat wide body is next

·
Registered
112 Posts
4k miles on mine, still enjoying it, zero mods, zero rock chips on flares.

·
Registered
157 Posts
4k miles on mine, still enjoying it, zero mods, zero rock chips on flares.
About the same miles on mine-already picked up some road tar and other things. 1-2 small rock hits as well. Edit: So I decided to do something about it and slapped on the ZL1 rock guards.

·
Registered
50 Posts
500 miles. Spent last weekend applying 3M paint protection film and the ceramic coating it myself. Even though it is a new car, some clay bar action and very minor paint correction were in order. The actual ceramic application was easy, it's the prep that is time consuming. I can't stop smiling every time I drive it!

41 - 60 of 72 Posts