Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, can anyone tell me what OEM chin spoiler is compatible with my 2016 SXT. I really want to get something with the wider bodied look but every thing I read says the scat pack and Hell cat chin spoilers are not compatible. Please help I'm new to all this. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Hello, can anyone tell me what OEM chin spoiler is compatible with my 2016 SXT. I really want to get something with the wider bodied look but every thing I read says the scat pack and Hell cat chin spoilers are not compatible. Please help I'm new to all this. Thanks.

392 Chin Spoilers will work. Hellcat will not.

You have to swap the facias if you want the hellcat chin spoiler.

·
Super Moderator
15,331 Posts
The Scat Pack / SRT 392 front splitter will fit - you have the same fascia.

The Hellcat fascia is flatter curve than the other models, so that front splitter won't work on anything else except the 'Cat fascia.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Thank you kindly for the reply. What is a facia?

The face/front of the car in this case. Fascia can pertain to to the back of the car too.

The Hellcat(& Demon) has a different front fascia than the other Challengers.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The face/front of the car in this case. Fascia can pertain to to the back of the car too.

The Hellcat(& Demon) has a different front fascia than the other Challengers.
Sounds like an expensive job. You guys are referring to the Hellcat Conversion Kit or whatever right? Looks like the 392 RT chin spoiler will have to suffice.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Scat Pack / SRT 392 front splitter will fit - you have the same fascia.

The Hellcat fascia is flatter curve than the other models, so that front splitter won't work on anything else except the 'Cat fascia.
Thanks. L

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
someone makes an add on splitter that is designed for the SXT and RT that is bigger. It mounts under your existing chin spoiler.
I looked at the APR and like the looks of the rod but the OEM piece is a bit more subdued which I prefer. Thanks for the suggestion nonetheless.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I went to the dealer and bought the Scat Pack/392 spoiler. It was around $110 I believe. The dealer said that it would be around 4 hours of labor so I told them to just give me the spoiler.

I'm in the Illinois Challenger Chapter so we had a "mod day" at one of our members shop and installed it. Looks much better than the standard SXT/RT spoiler.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I went to the dealer and bought the Scat Pack/392 spoiler. It was around $110 I believe. The dealer said that it would be around 4 hours of labor so I told them to just give me the spoiler.

I'm in the Illinois Challenger Chapter so we had a "mod day" at one of our members shop and installed it. Looks much better than the standard SXT/RT spoiler.
Looks great and thanks for the pic. So just to confirm either the chin spoiler from the RT or Scat Pack RT will work on my SXT?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Looks great and thanks for the pic. So just to confirm either the chin spoiler from the RT or Scat Pack RT will work on my SXT?

The RT and SXT have the same spoiler. You will need to ask for the Scat Pack chin spoiler. You also need to ask (if they dont mention it to you) two plastic filler pieces (one for each side) that fill in some space between the body and spoiler. Its hard to really explain without showing pics but the parts department will know what you need.

Now, I will tell you this, this wasn't an easy/quick "do it yourself" job. I think there's one youtube video of a person doing themselves but they even admitted it was a pain. My car was on a lift and there were about 3 or 4 of us working on it because none of us have ever done a spoiler swap before and it took us a few hours. If I were to do it again, I would just take off the front bumper assembly and replace the spoiler then re-install. Just my .02

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The RT and SXT have the same spoiler. You will need to ask for the Scat Pack chin spoiler. You also need to ask (if they dont mention it to you) two plastic filler pieces (one for each side) that fill in some space between the body and spoiler. Its hard to really explain without showing pics but the parts department will know what you need.

Now, I will tell you this, this wasn't an easy/quick "do it yourself" job. I think there's one youtube video of a person doing themselves but they even admitted it was a pain. My car was on a lift and there were about 3 or 4 of us working on it because none of us have ever done a spoiler swap before and it took us a few hours. If I were to do it again, I would just take off the front bumper assembly and replace the spoiler then re-install. Just my .02
Would you mind elaborating on the plastic filler pieces? Part number perhaps?

·
Super Moderator
15,331 Posts
its probably the forward belly pan panels.

The Scat Pack splitter protrudes further forward. This is the panel that fills the underside of the splitter and overlaps the main belly pan panel (that all these cars have).

Your R/T - SXT splitter is a much shorter piece, as you are aware

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,773 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
What is the difference between this..

http://www.speedlogixstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=68258746ab

and this

https://www.stevewhiteparts.com/exterior-15-17-dodge-challenger-392-6.4l-front-lip-lower-chin-spoiler-mopar-factory-oem-1517lipspoiler?parent=1021

?

If I go with the scat pack can I get away with just the spoiler and filler pieces or will I need the air duct and new belly pan too? Like here

http://www.speedlogixstore.com/product-p/sx-la-spcs.htm

·
Registered
588 Posts
What is the difference between this..

Mopar OEM Scat Pack/SRT 392 Front Chin Spoiler 2015-2017 3.6L/5.7L/392/6.4L Challenger

and this

https://www.stevewhiteparts.com/exterior-15-17-dodge-challenger-392-6.4l-front-lip-lower-chin-spoiler-mopar-factory-oem-1517lipspoiler?parent=1021

?

If I go with the scat pack can I get away with just the spoiler and filler pieces or will I need the air duct and new belly pan too? Like here

Scat Pack Front Chin Spoiler Conversion Kit 2015-2017 Challenger

All you need is the spoiler and filler pieces.

Just an FYI, its pretty expensive to have those pieces shipped which is why I went straight to the Dodge dealership.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
All you need is the spoiler and filler pieces.

Just an FYI, its pretty expensive to have those pieces shipped which is why I went straight to the Dodge dealership.
Do you have the part numbers?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Do you have the part numbers?

I'll have to look for the paper work. If you go to the dealer, they are going to ask for your VIN number. Since your car doesn't come with the Scat Pack spoiler, this wont do you any good. So what you do is go to their lot find a Scat Pack or SRT392 car (Challenger of course) and write down the VIN number. Go to the parts department and tell them you want to buy the Scat Pack chin spoiler and give them that VIN number. This will identify the parts needed.

Hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts