Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
275/40/20 are the stock size.........but how wide do people go and how well do they work .......or not?

Anyone running the 9.5 inch wheel can chime in.......please tell me what you've got, what works and what doesn't.

·
Premium Member
2014 rt shaker
750 Posts
I’m running 285/35/20 michilen pilot super sports on all4 corners, on oem hellcat wheels on my lowered 2014 rt with no problems.

·
Registered
19 Posts
This should get interesting. You usually have plenty of clearence for anything a 9.5 is supposed to run. If you look at the tire on the manufacturer's website itll say what width wheel it is made for and what it will fit. Obviously you can cram a 305 on there but that's not what the tire is intended for and has several issues. Usually 275 to 285 is the widest. Personally im still stock waiting for wider wheels but have seen this many times.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,289 Posts
I would run 275 on the front and 295 / 40 on the rear. To get a nice staggered look to the TA.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
136 Posts
275/40/20 are the stock size.........but how wide do people go and how well do they work .......or not?

Anyone running the 9.5 inch wheel can chime in.......please tell me what you've got, what works and what doesn't.
Depends on the manufacturer your buying from and they type you are buying. For example Mickey Thompson ET Street SS tires are only a 275 or 305. 305 is a waste as your contact pact is no wider than a 275 on a 9.5" rim. The number is meaningless of you don't have a wide enough wheel. Typically I would say a 295 is the absolute widest before you're experiencing diminishing returns.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts