Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the F1 tires now and I hate a staggered tire package. I want to be able to rotate the tires. Does anyone know if the 255 will fit on the front without scrubbing issue? For that matter what do you think is the biggest size that will fit the wheels all the way around without scrubbing issue. Think I could get a 275 on there or am I crazy? :)

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
you will be good with the 275's. Many have done this with no issues (275 fronts / 315 backs).
I couldn't fit 315's on my 392. I went with replica 10' wide SRT8 wheels. 295 40 20's was all I could get to fit. Sway bar and inner plastic was the first interference point. Next would have been fender cutting into tire.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I couldn't fit 315's on my 392. I went with replica 10' wide SRT8 wheels. 295 40 20's was all I could get to fit. Sway bar and inner plastic was the first interference point. Next would have been fender cutting into tire.
Red, anyway you can take a pic from the side with your car out of the garage? :)

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
No problems whatsoever with a 295/40 though? Is the diameter about the same as a 255/45? At least on paper, the side-walls are almost identical height.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
The wheels you are trying to use makes a big difference. The cast knock off replicas do not have the correct offset and back spacing. You really need a quality wheel form a good company that has done there home work. I run USW wheels with 315 tires no issues with that combo.

·
Banned
863 Posts
The factory reproductions have a low offset unlike the stock srt wheels, that's why 315's may not fit depending on the manufacturer. I assumed the poster was going to use stock rims, that's why I said they would be fine.
I like the offset of the reproductions, they put the rim out next to the lip, they have the same offset of the vipers.
Also, goodyears and bfg run wide, where nitto runs small.....so nitto 315's are like running 295's on the others.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
I assumed the poster was going to use stock rims, that's why I said they would be fine.
I like the offset of the reproductions, they put the rim out next to the lip, they have the same offset of the vipers.
Also, goodyears and bfg run wide, where nitto runs small.....so nitto 315's are like running 295's on the others.
Running anything more than a 275 on stock wheels is a bad idea.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
295's 40's on my replica wheels just rubbed the inner plastic when installing and then when sat on the ground cleared the inner plastic by a 1/4 inch. On the fender lip I have never had a rub; however, I don't think I would want to put for people in the car and gun flying through the twisties.

I don't undestand Boatmans comments about spending more for a wheel for a better offset. At this point I could either offset into the inner wheel housing to make it rub or extend the tire past the wheel opening and have it rub. These wheels fit like OJ's glove with the 295-40's. Now if he made comment like you could get much lighter wheels that would enhance performance I would agree. The replica wheels do the trick if you don't want to buy four wheels and maintain the look (my goal). Wheels are not a 100% perfect match but I have to point it out to folks.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
These cars run a + 15(low offset) to a +25(high offset), with a +20 being mid offset, getting a 315 to fit requires a little research on tires, some will fit like a 295 or 305, just depends on the tire manufactures design and such. Running anything over a 295 would require a rim that is 10" wide. It can be a crap shot on aftermarket rims as to whether they have a correct offset that they state. USW wheels are good rims, but some people don't want to spend a grand per rim.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Just done it to run M/T 305/35/20's Don't know when I'll have a chance to mount them, in the middle of a total build.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Really not that bad, $250 a wheel for 1" widened. Another $50 if you want the welds grinded & finished on the exterior.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.