Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to purchase some used OEM wheels for my '10 challenger. However, I believe after a specific year, the Challenger rear quarters were made wider to accommodate wider wheels (not counting the widebody models). So, if I purchase 20 x 9 wheels for my car, will they fit, vs. the 20x8 that came on it stock? Can I go wider on an older generation car, say to 20x10? is it true that later models that are not widebody have wider quarters than the first few years of production? Any advice appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,584 Posts
In 2015 and up the fender lip is rolled from the factory, but the quarters are not wider to my knowledge. I know the 2010 SRT8 came with 9" wheels, so a 9" wheel should fit.

Members have run 10"-10.5" in the back

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
13,683 Posts
The 9-inch forged aluminum wheels that came on the early SRTs are pricey. You may want to find a set at a salvage yard. If you are lucky, you will find a set in great condition.

To give your Challenger an old-school look and to improve traction, I would install 275/40-20 tires on the rear (the widest that will wear and perform properly) and 245/45-20s on the front. Here are two photos of 275/40-20 tires installed on the rear of my 2009 SRT .

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts