Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 Challenger RT with 9x20 rims with 245/45/20 tires in the front and 10.5x20 rims with 275/40/20 tires in the rear. What would be the largest tires I could install without any problems rubbing or having to roll the fenders?

·
Registered
2015 R/T Manual
23 Posts
I've got the 245/45/20s as well, if you're planning on going bigger you might want to look into a one piece racing driveshaft. The 2 piece is pure junk and I doubt going any bigger in the rear will help :cry:.

·
Registered
2021 Dodge Challenger 1320
57 Posts
Something to keep in mind too, if you're looking to go WIDE, make sure that the tire would fit too. Often times, you'll find that the tire extends beyond the wheel, which could rub if you've already got a tight fit. I'm running Demon replicas on my 2019 Challenger R/T Plus (315 10.5 rears, Atturo az 850 tires). Offset is something too, I forget exactly what mine is but I'm sure there are posts here that could help.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Just got some good info made a similar thread a bit ago. 275 is the widest for the stock 9 inch wide rim. You can put new rim 10.5 same off set as stock or widen stock to 10.5 and run a 295 tire no spacer or go larger 305 , 315 tire and add spacers

·
Registered
205 Posts
If you are looking to push the limits of what fits, the stated tread widths across manufacturers and even tire models means almost nothing. There are 315s out there with a sidewall-to-sidewall installed width as narrow as some 295s. That's anywhere from 11" to 13.5" wide. Rim width affects it too.

·
Registered
53 Posts
315/35/20 in back on 20x10.5 offset 20

Reactions: jgraham70

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
737 Posts
depending on offset ,i have 315's on 10.5x20 rears.think my offset is +25
+25? That sounds backwards. Negative offset makes the wheel stick out more with the tire being out flush or out past the wheel well. I think my stock SB wheels 9x20 are -19.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I can't even think of a factory car that comes with a mounting surface inboard of the wheel center line. Essentially all new cars have positive offsets.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,766 Posts
I run demon replicas from Factory Reproductions (different than Voxx), see image for specs, and I run Nitto 555 315s. If the car is raised in the air the tire rubs against the front plastic rivet making it hard to turn the tire when the suspension is uncompressed. On the ground the tire rubs the back/bottom side of the fender liner which I just let rub but some heat with a hot gun and mold it out of the way.

·
Registered
737 Posts
MINE must be +19. I know the other ones I had in there were 24 so they must have been +24.

Anyways if I was going to put in 315's and get new rims I'd go the other way closer to 0 so they don't rub but I know that then means you can't get replicas.

12 mm is just shy of a half inch at .47"
20 mm is .78"

That would probaby clear the rubbing. I had a CO worker who put 345 on his rear but had different wheels. I forget the brand. They still rubbed a little on the inside wheel well so he banged it in lol.

Looked friggin sweet though.

·
Registered
2021 Redeye
358 Posts
Something to keep in mind too, if you're looking to go WIDE, make sure that the tire would fit too. Often times, you'll find that the tire extends beyond the wheel, which could rub if you've already got a tight fit. I'm running Demon replicas on my 2019 Challenger R/T Plus (315 10.5 rears, Atturo az 850 tires). Offset is something too, I forget exactly what mine is but I'm sure there are posts here that could help.
View attachment 1013447
Not sure if it's the angle but those rears do not look like 315s

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,695 Posts
+25? That sounds backwards. Negative offset makes the wheel stick out more with the tire being out flush or out past the wheel well. I think my stock SB wheels 9x20 are -19.
All the Challenger wheels are a plus offset except the Widebody wheels at -2.5. The AWD 19" wheels are +55. Not sure what the offset on the new 2021 AWD 20x8" wheels is, but it's positive

+22 to +25 for 10.5" on the rear is correct

A Guy

Reactions: Rayzaa

·
Registered
26 Posts
MINE must be +19. I know the other ones I had in there were 24 so they must have been +24.

Anyways if I was going to put in 315's and get new rims I'd go the other way closer to 0 so they don't rub but I know that then means you can't get replicas.

12 mm is just shy of a half inch at .47"
20 mm is .78"

That would probaby clear the rubbing. I had a CO worker who put 345 on his rear but had different wheels. I forget the brand. They still rubbed a little on the inside wheel well so he banged it in lol.

Looked friggin sweet though.
I think he would rub on his fender if he went with a 0 offset due to the poke he would on his wheel I know the 2015s and up have that lip inside the rear fenders rolled over already from factory so it gives you more play room but a 0 offset would have alot of poke I think,I'm running a 11×20 +5 offset wheel with a 295/40/r20 and had some rubbing with that little lip inside the rear fenders my car is a 2014 though the 15s and up have that lip rolled from factory

·
Registered
737 Posts
I think he would rub on his fender if he went with a 0 offset due to the poke he would on his wheel I know the 2015s and up have that lip inside the rear fenders rolled over already from factory so it gives you more play room but a 0 offset would have alot of poke I think,I'm running a 11×20 +5 offset wheel with a 295/40/r20 and had some rubbing with that little lip inside the rear fenders my car is a 2014 though the 15s and up have that lip rolled from factory
Dont know what his offset is but he was thinking of using spacers but opted against it and just battered in the wheels wells a little. He also added the Lil Devils fender flares and it looks really good. He said he wanted 345 so he would have the widest tires on a Challenger since everyone one else usually goes 315 🤷‍♂️

I wanna say they are 345/30.. I think.

Reactions: Renamed user

·
Registered
2021 Dodge Challenger 1320
57 Posts
Not sure if it's the angle but those rears do not look like 315s
Its more than likely the angle, but they do read 315s. Hopefully this angle, helps, I used to have pics of the tires up-close (to show the verbage on them) but I can't seem to find it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i’ve only had bad responses with this but i am running 325/30/20s on 9.5” rims in the rear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,766 Posts
i’ve only had bad responses with this but i am running 325/30/20s on 9.5” rims in the rear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Surprised the shop that installed the tires would do it for you. My local Discount Tire would not put that wide of tire on that narrow of rim. According to Nitto (manufacturer of the tires I am running), my wheel width (10.5") is at the minimum width for 315s.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts