Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, mines the 6spd Man, and when I let off the gas at low speeds or hit small bumps in the road there's a thump or bumping sound which I thought was int he trunk of the car. I open the truck up and look all over the place and can't find a dang thing that would make this noise. Then I remembered having a sport car which had a rubberized mount in the rear of the car just over top of the differential that tore loose from it's steel mount and it was not absorbing the torsion of the rear end of the car under power or just off throttle and when it would "flex" the rear end of the car up or down it made this same thumping or bumping sound. I can't get down low enough to see up under the car to check for this issue. Then I thought to myself, "Self maybe just maybe it's a broken shock or sway bar end may have come loose. I also thought it may be the "U"-Joint on the ring and pinion end of the drive shaft. I really don't know without being able to see up under the car.

If you think you might have something for me to check out to address this issue then please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thank you very much.

Les

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,867 Posts
Yeah, the center bearing is supported by rubber and bounces quite (the one below is for a 2014 but very similar to +2015). If you engage the parking brake and engage/disengage the clutch rapidly you will hear/feel the dam thing bouncing around.

If it is not that, it could be a whole host of things:

1) play in the brake pads/calipers
2) play in rear sway bar links/bushings
3) rear prop/driveshaft CV joints
4) play in decklid (the 2 little bumpers not adjusted properly)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts