Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How often does your wife drive your Challenger?

Since I have owned my 2009 SRT, she has only driven it once. That was back in December 2008. She is an SUV person and has no desire to drive a muscle car. Personally, I think that she is afraid of it.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Plus Shaker
671 Posts
Only when I have to do some work on her Charger. She finds the Challenger has poor outward visibility compared to the Charger, and having two large doors makes it harder to get in and out. No problem for me, it means I get to drive it more often.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
My wife has driven my Challenger once. Her car was in the shop and she had to get to work (3 miles away). She loves it but it a little nervous not to mess up my front splitter when parking. She said she got a thumbs up by a dude also, made her feel 21 again. She's 46.

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Scat Pack, 2019 Challenger SXT AWD
217 Posts
My lovely bride has driven the SXT only once. She drove it home after we bought the Scat Pack. She’s never driven that.

Reactions: MorrisGray

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,708 Posts
Rarely, typically if I am doing something on her car. She doesn't like driving just to drive, so anytime we go anywhere together, I always drive. So even if we do go in my car, I drive. She is a small reason I didn't instinctively lean towards a manual in my Challenger hunt (actually she is the one that found this one online when we did a marathon search). She can drive a manual, just fine, but actually hates it. She only drove my PT Cruiser with manual twice in 2 years, and never drove the Crossfire I had for a year. I taught her how to drive stick, back in the 80s in my 1980 Pontiac Sunbird, and full size Dodge Van, and she was fine. Now, she just doesn't get it and won't bother.
And now that my car is even more "out there" from the normal car, plus hers is so dang sweet (Volvo S90 Inscription T6) and I have the ultimate "beater" 2012 JGC Overland 4x4, she has no reason to even think about taking it out.
Shout out to all the wives that allow us our toys with smiles on their faces!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Not often, she loves it when she does though but still prefers her ‘19 V6 Grand Cherokee, she worries she’s going to mess my car up 😂 I’d say she’s a better driver than me, except for parallel parking.

·
Registered
195 Posts
My wife can't drive manual and has next to no depth perception (medically determined). I may buy a stick shift beater one day so she can learn on it but I'd still be hesitant to have her drive my R/T.

·
Registered
468 Posts
About the only time my wife drives my Challenger is when and if I need to drive her Jeep for a day for some reason. That being said, she has driven it very little. She likes the purple color of the car, but she really doesn't care for the Challenger itself. So, she never asks to drive the Challenger just for the enjoyment of it. Things were different when I had Mustangs. She loves Mustangs and when I had one, there were times she would ask to have it for the day just to enjoy. I've told her, feel free to get yourself a mustang but when it comes to a daily driver she prefers SUV's, and thus has the Jeep.

·
Registered
193 Posts
She took the RT to work for about a week last year because i was working from home and the dash in her car stopped working for the 4th time. She likes it but was scared to drive it after she backed into a giant blue dumpster. For the hellcat she has said she never wants to drive it because its too expensive lol

·
Registered
2016 Challenger Scat pack
9 Posts
How often does your wife drive your Challenger?

Since I have owned my 2009 SRT, she has only driven it once. That was back in December 2008. She is an SUV person and has no desire to drive a muscle car. Personally, I think that she is afraid of it.
My wife can’t wait to get a hold of my real baby I never leave my keys at home. Too much power for her she drives an Elantra 😂😂🤦‍♂️🤔

·
Registered
677 Posts
Good lord, she loves driving the Scat Pack ! down the entrance ramp and on to the 'Superslab' , she gets on it sometimes and I have to pull her back ! 🐴

"Uh, hey babe, you know you are doing 85 ( and climbing) ? " as she is passing everything,,,,,
reply: "Really? oh yeah I am ! I thought I was only doing 55, wow, didn't feel like 85 ! "

Yeah, I try to direct her to the IS or the Mini. She loves driving the Mini Countryman.
It is interesting she doesn't like driving the Dodge Ram. Says she can't see over the hood.
Yeah she likes the Challenger(y)

Good thread,
best
parrott

My wife doesn't need to drive my Challenger... She has her Audi RS3.

I had to look twice 'Hemi Eagle, at your post, I had trains on the brain or something. I was scrolling through and I thought I saw ''Alco RS3 ' , kept going on down through the post.
'Say what? '
Came back up, oh, it says 'Audi RS3 ' ! LOL
I was thinking Alco RS3? 🚅 wow That is impressive !

LOL, loosing my mind,

Have a good one !
parrott

·
Premium Member
2017 Challenger T/A
83 Posts
Mine drives it occasionally when we go out places. She's yet to drive it without me riding passenger though. I got an a8 partly so she could also enjoy it from time to time. She loves it... So when I spend money on it she doesn't care since she likes it lol. Works out for both of us.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts