Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty much what the title says. She loves the look and sound of the Challenger scat pack , but I don't think she realizes how fast the thing is and I don't want her to get hurt.

Can it be done practically and will it nerf the new car warranty if i do it?

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
2019 Scat Packs have Valet Mode standard equipment, drops the power to less than 300hp and starts in 2nd gear, drives nice and smooth and she would have no issues with it, that's part of why they designed it that way. Also good in bad weather. Go for it!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
474 Posts
dude , you don't 'have' to mash the accelerator to the floor every time you drive it. ( although it is fun sometimes)
Its variable,

Take her out driving around on some back country roads. Let her get use to it. She will love it. Good solid feel to the steering wheel, something happening when you hit the accelerator. None of that 'cvt' junk.

My wife loves our Scat Pack. She drive it in automatic, and motors around.
Its all good. well I do have to calm her down when she is entering the on ramp on the interstate. I tell her its merge, match speeds, but she thinks its Daytona ! LOL
I don't know about 'dialing it back' although you can like 'slidd' says. She will be disappointed in it then.

Just take her out driving, (y)
Have a good one !

Reactions: cssorkinman

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
That’s an awesome feature until she finds out about it. Why do you think it is too much car for her. If she doesn’t beat on it. It truly doesn’t matter how fast it is. My wife drives my heavily modded Challenger R/T all of the time. It all depends on how they choose to drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you to everyone for the replies - nice to see a such an active forum!

She's always liked cars that are sportier than average, but I'm not sure the ones I've owned or bought her in the past have prepared her for the scat pack. 77 Firebird formula, 85 tpi Z28, 91 5.0 HO Thunderbird, 97 - 01 V-8 Aurora's and lastly a 05 Bonneville GXP.
I live in Nebraska and though I wouldn't worry about her on the nice days - wet or slick conditions would be different. I'd plan on parking it in winter if conditions weren't nearly ideal.
She's a good driver and has a good mechanical conscience - not one to unnecessarily beat on her cars.
However - she does enjoy putting obnoxious drivers in their place using the gas pedal :).

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I'd consider signing the two of you up for a performance instruction day at a track. It's safe, a blast and great skill builder. Some insurance companies will even discount a little with that also.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Let her decide how much car is too much. That's what test drives are for. I trust my wife driving our SPWB more than I trust myself. Experience has proven that to be the right perspective. :LOL:

Reactions: SFCR

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Let her decide how much car is too much. That's what test drives are for. I trust my wife driving our SPWB more than I trust myself. Experience has proven that to be the right perspective. :LOL:
I think shes in love with the car and that might cloud her judgment a bit....lol

·
Registered
301 Posts
Track day would be a hoot that's for sure.

She'd love the look of the 305s too.

While I have your attention - how would you guys rate this deal ? https://www.chryslerdodgejeepramoft...nger-rt-scat-pack-rwd-coupe-2c3cdzfj0kh649869
Buy it! You might like the WB but that's a decent deal. A little aftermarket stereo upgrade is all I can think of. I drove that car with a manual transmission and thought the rear end wanted to walk when I hit it, but with A8 and traction control, that might not be such an issue.

Reactions: cssorkinman

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,836 Posts
That’s about as low optioned as they come. I don’t say that as a negative at all if that is what you prefer. That is a lot of car. Sounds like a go to me unless the dealer has a bunch of bs add ons like nitrogen in tires or ridiculous doc fees. She’ll love it.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,551 Posts
Since the dealer discount showing on your link is only $5,160, and Dodge is offering $4,850 off on that car until 9/3, they are only discounting $310. See if it's $5,160 + $4,850...now you're talking? Since you know Dodge is offering $4,850, you could negotiate the dealer discount from there ;)

Beyond the automatic, and Plum Crazy paint, that car has zero other options

A Guy

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,653 Posts
Pretty much what the title says. She loves the look and sound of the Challenger scat pack , but I don't think she realizes how fast the thing is and I don't want her to get hurt.

Can it be done practically and will it nerf the new car warranty if i do it?
While valet mode has been mentioned I do not think that's intended for constant use. I would not buy a car then elect to run it in valet mode for any real time.

Unless your dear wife has exhibited a total disregard for common sense driving in other cars -- any of the cars you listed in another post have enough power and performance to go fast enough to hurt her should she fail to maintain proper control -- your wife will be fine in the Scat Pack.

The car only does what the driver commands it to do.

And has been mentioned a high performance driving class for your wife would be a cool thing.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Why would you buy a scat pack and gimp it? Just buy the R/T, they’re slower and still have a V8 sound.

·
Super Moderator
14,915 Posts
Since the dealer discount showing on your link is only $5,160, and Dodge is offering $4,850 off on that car until 9/3, they are only discounting $310. See if it's $5,160 + $4,850...now you're talking? Since you know Dodge is offering $4,850, you could negotiate the dealer discount from there ;)

Beyond the automatic, and Plum Crazy paint, that car has zero other options

A Guy
I thought that the Power Dollars promotion does not end until the end of 2019.

·
Super Moderator
14,915 Posts
This is good advice. Let her floor it, during the test drive, and see if it scares her.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts