Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure but we think the dealership damaged our car while getting oil change and tires rotated. Underneath front bumper several deep scrapes we noticed a week after service when washing car so not 100% sure they did the damage. No one but wife drove car except at dealership getting it off rack. Any way this kinda of damage can occur on a rack?

·
Registered
532 Posts
I hate to say it, but unless you or your wife saw the tech damage it, your going to have a hell of a time proving it. Sorry....

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
If you would have noticed it before you pulled off from there you might have had a better chance of haveing it covered. They normally mark down all damage that was on the car when you drop it off and if they didn't mark it you'ld be OK but a week later I'm guessing they'll say you did it after you left there. Good luck

·
Registered
248 Posts
Daves:
I had a similar instance about 6 mos ago when I took my Challenger in to get the oil changed. My damage wasnt under the front bumper but by the front passenger wheel where there is a notch in the rocker panel. I assume this is one of the jack points where it is lifted but a few days after while washing my car i noticed the metal was bent outward at this point and actually was pinching in my rocker panel. I know I didn't do that as I'am diligent with my Challenger like many of you are probably with yours. Anyway I called my dealer up to tell him about this and he said to bring it down to take a look. When he saw it he agreed that it must have been done by improperly putting it on the jack by one of the techs and they set me up with a body shop and the dealer covered it. Not sure about your situation or how you feel about it but maybe its worth a try taking it in to the dealer and see what they say. Hope it works out for you, take care

·
Registered
460 Posts
My challenger has a couple of scratches under the front spoiler from when I pulled too close to a curb once. Nothing visible and I was thinking of eventually replacing it with a SRT spoiler, so no worries. It can happen.

I did have Wal-Mart damage a front plate on my Ford truck several years ago. I had taken it there for a tire patch and the front plate was fine up on the lift (I had actually looked at it while it was up there because I was debating changing the plate frame).

Anyway, got my vehicle back and drove it back to work. As I got out, I notice the front plate and frame had been folded in half, bracket bent horribly and everything. I was sure they had to have dropped the truck on something when bringing it off the rack. Drove it back, Wal-Mart denied everything (go figure). I'd had a prior experience with the same truck and Wal-Mart not tightening the lugnuts up enough...damn near lost a whole wheel on the interstate - lost 4 out of 5 lugnuts. Caused plenty of damage to the rim and studs as well. They denied that one, too :icon_evil:

My father-in-law also took his Explorer there once for an oil change, waited a couple of hours before they told him it was done. He popped the hood to check and not one fingerprint under the hood with the oil as black as can be...they never actually changed it.

Moral of the stories is: You get what you pay for. Never let some twinkie working for minimum wage at a Wal-Mart lube shop work on your vehicle.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Don't even get me STARTED on the wrecking ball that is the Chrysler service department.

Here's some damage done to one of my previous SRT-8's rim when it was in having a tire pressure sensor switched out (they had to take off the wheel for some reason, who knows why... then they got a little sloppy with the impact gun to say the least)

I got them to replace the rim after a LONG heated battle that went all the way up to the owner of the dealership.

I don't know HOW they did THIS kind of damage but the car was only a couple weeks old and was SPOTLESS before going in...

Now there's a note on my file saying ANYTIME I come to the dealership they have to do a detailed walk-around to inspect for any damage so I can't blame them (even though THEY did the damaging). :notallthere:

·
Registered
220 Posts
I took my Challenger into the dealer for alignment with 900 miles on it. They were kind enough to run it through their car wash without my permission. The machine put a series of deep scratches in a line down the center of the roof. I didnt notice it until I stopped for gas on the way home. An immediate call to the service manager did result in them fixing it (2 tries but it ended up okay).

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On further inspection it appears the deep scratches are from the garage monkey that drives the cars around back went up on a steep curb. Had to be a foot high as this is a F 150 we are talking about. Years ago I had an STS wheel rashed by the dealer but I caught that right away,new wheel. In this case my wife just wants to get in there face knowing she won't get a free repair.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Which dealer did she go to?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts