Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the RT wheels fit a 1973 Challenger? I have a friend wanting my takeoffs but not sure if they will fit. He lives over an hour away so I am hoping to get some idea before driving that far with the wheels.

·
Super Moderator
16,209 Posts
I believe the bolt circle pattern is different

the '70-'74 is 5 x 4.5" [approx 114.3mm]

the '08 - current 5 x 115mm

The backspacing is also another consideration

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe the bolt circle pattern is different

the '70-'74 is 5 x 4.5" [approx 114.3mm]

the '08 - current 5 x 115mm

The backspacing is also another consideration
Thanks for the reply... I am not sure about the 12 and under cars but the 13 is a 5 x 4.5... The bolt pattern worked perfect on the 73 but the offset is different. The guy that bought my wheels is getting adapters for the offset...

·
Registered
260 Posts
Not sure 20's will look right on a first gen Challenger even if it fits. I think 17" front and may be up to 18" back will be more reasonable. Stock tire size is only about 26" diameter. The XV Motorsport cars and the Hotchikis cars run 18".

·
Registered
639 Posts
I would be real careful with this. If you do get them to fit, I would lower the car down off the jacks, then bounce the front end by hand to relax the torsion bars. Then BEFORE you drive it, cut the front wheels to the max each way to see it you have tire clearance on the front fender. I did a quick measurement on my 70 and it might be close. My two cents.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts