1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 4 tires 245/45/20 GY Eagle f1's and the following rims

2 of 20X8.5
2 of 20X10

I know if I was going to get all same tire sizes why buy a wider rear rim is coming, thing is I wasn't expecting to receive a staggered set of rims. Since I got them for without any additional cost if I can use them with the tires I have and not make the car look funny I would like to keep the staggered set and when time comes to replace my tires get a larger rear tire then.

any help is greatly apreciated

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
How about using the 2 up front and saving the other 2 for when it's time to replace the fronts?

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
It is generally not a good idea to mount a tire with a section width that is narrower than the bead-to-bead width of the wheel. With a short sidewall the fitment issue gets amplified.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Its adviseable to run a wider tire on the wider rear rims for the noted fitment issue. You will definitely have a lower sidewall height out back if you put 245/45/20s on a 10" rim, and the bead issue could also be problematic.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
The published rim-width range for a 245/45/20 tire is 7.5 to 9 inches.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you everyone for your help.. I got a whole new issue..the rims I got from a guy locally gave me 3 of one of rim and 1 of another, same style but not the same size.

I'm going to start a new post because this is a different topic.. but I need some help because I'm not sure which rims are correct??

Thanks again for the tire fitment help.

·
Registered
389 Posts
If you want to keep the tires you currently have (245/45/20), and just want an aftermarket wheel - recommend you go with a 20 x 8.5 a 20 x 9 rim. Easy day - other than choosing the rims of course. Lots of selection in a wide range of prices on those size rims, and you'll not have any fitment issues with the tires you already have.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts