Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I've been lurking around this forum for sometime - its great. Quick question can i fit tyres 275/45/20 on stock SRT8 wheels in the rear? The one i got from the dealership here has 245/45/20 in the front and rear:( looks skinny from the rear. I've read that SRT engineers claim that we can fit 275 rear + 255 front, no issues. Wanna confirm r these 275/45/20? So hard to get any info on SRT8 challenger coz there is only around a dozen in the whole country - Im not in US.

This site has helped me to modify my car: T-shifter, pedal kit, door sills, wheel locks, tyre valve caps etc for looks...
Ive just ordered CAI, Long tube headers and Cat back all Mopar for more HP/sound. Thanks

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
275/45/20 will fit on the stock SRT wheels.

·
Vendor
949 Posts
They're great, actually awesome, on the street but awful at the track is our experience on a lot of HEMI cars. I'm looking forward to Mickey Thompson's 20" drag radial hitting the market around February/March timeframe as well. Saw them last week and they look killer.

For the track, there's just no replacement for a lighter, smaller (as in 17") drag radial like our Bogarts (HHP private labeled) or our Welds. Based off weight alone, we typically see a two to three tenth drop in ET's with these smaller, lighter wheels on the rear.

Joshua, HHP

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
They're great, actually awesome, on the street but awful at the track is our experience on a lot of HEMI cars. I'm looking forward to Mickey Thompson's 20" drag radial hitting the market around February/March timeframe as well. Saw them last week and they look killer.
Joshua, HHP
how do the MTs differ from the nitto NT05s from what you could tell?

·
Vendor
949 Posts
They look to be a softer rubber, they may wear a little quicker with aggressive driving but they probably will hook up a lot better.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Are those the drag radials? How do they work at the track?
They are DR's, I dont run them on the street, I have 295 BFG KDW's for that.

They hook up pretty well at the track with low pressure and heated up when my car had mild bolt on mods, since I added the KB I need more tire.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
They look to be a softer rubber, they may wear a little quicker with aggressive driving but they probably will hook up a lot better.
cool, thanks for the heads up. i got a while before i need tires, but that will be be interesting to see head to head comparisons when they come out.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Went through all the nonsense of 275 on stock 8" rim searches
THEY will go on, Nice improvement, rides better, grips better, more pull, bf Goodrich, g-force comp 2, quiet, not a lot of road noise as some have said. Should the rims be 9" , sure, but most have rims they like, cost, yadda..
Put them on, turn your brain off about it...

I'll post pics later, my phone camera app puked, there's always something..
Live it, while you can get it,,...

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,755 Posts
The OP had 9" wheels, and all the replies are based on that. Don't think I've seen people say the 275s won't fit on 8" wheels, just if it's a recommended size

A Guy

·
Registered
86 Posts
Comment was a heads up to all of us that search out info on this and view militant rebuttal on the subject, to the point of trying to put info out there,

No other reason

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,755 Posts
And if people ask should you put a 275 on an 8" wheel, the answer will always be it's not recommended. People can do what they want after that

A Guy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts