Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I've been lurking around this forum for sometime - its great. Quick question can i fit tyres 275/45/20 on stock SRT8 wheels in the rear? The one i got from the dealership here has 245/45/20 in the front and rear:( looks skinny from the rear. I've read that SRT engineers claim that we can fit 275 rear + 255 front, no issues. Wanna confirm r these 275/45/20? So hard to get any info on SRT8 challenger coz there is only around a dozen in the whole country - Im not in US.

This site has helped me to modify my car: T-shifter, pedal kit, door sills, wheel locks, tyre valve caps etc for looks...
Ive just ordered CAI, Long tube headers and Cat back all Mopar for more HP/sound. Thanks

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
275/45/20 will fit on the stock SRT wheels.

·
Vendor
935 Posts
They're great, actually awesome, on the street but awful at the track is our experience on a lot of HEMI cars. I'm looking forward to Mickey Thompson's 20" drag radial hitting the market around February/March timeframe as well. Saw them last week and they look killer.

For the track, there's just no replacement for a lighter, smaller (as in 17") drag radial like our Bogarts (HHP private labeled) or our Welds. Based off weight alone, we typically see a two to three tenth drop in ET's with these smaller, lighter wheels on the rear.

Joshua, HHP

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
They're great, actually awesome, on the street but awful at the track is our experience on a lot of HEMI cars. I'm looking forward to Mickey Thompson's 20" drag radial hitting the market around February/March timeframe as well. Saw them last week and they look killer.
Joshua, HHP
how do the MTs differ from the nitto NT05s from what you could tell?

·
Vendor
935 Posts
They look to be a softer rubber, they may wear a little quicker with aggressive driving but they probably will hook up a lot better.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Are those the drag radials? How do they work at the track?
They are DR's, I dont run them on the street, I have 295 BFG KDW's for that.

They hook up pretty well at the track with low pressure and heated up when my car had mild bolt on mods, since I added the KB I need more tire.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
They look to be a softer rubber, they may wear a little quicker with aggressive driving but they probably will hook up a lot better.
cool, thanks for the heads up. i got a while before i need tires, but that will be be interesting to see head to head comparisons when they come out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts