Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Come on nobody can answer this, how about a vender, somebody must know. This seriously cant be the first time the question has been asked. Dont say do a search because the search function on this site sucks.

·
Banned
1,508 Posts
No sir they are different. If you had a pre 09 5.7 it would work but not on a VVT 5.7

Here are the different part numbers
4792874aa 5.7
5037636ab 6.1

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did find one for the 6.1/5.7 engine made my Cometic it's listed as a new part- gasket/windage tray for $70.00 but they dont have a picture of it.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually it doesnt specify a year but is listed-
5.7/6.1L Oil Pan Gasket w/ Windage Tray (NOT SRT8)C5201$68.54

·
Banned
1,508 Posts
Cant tell ya on that cometic. All i can say is the Dodge gaskets are different.. Where in Fl are ya located??

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Eglin AFB, Heck I may be wrong about this whole thing anyway. The reason I asked the question in the first place was because the Hot Rod magazine article said one of the differences between the 6.1 and the 5.7 was a windage tray in the 6.1. I have since then read an article about the last 5.7 (340hp version) having one and stating that Dodge has long recognized the benefits of having one to free up HP. So does the our 5.7 VVT engine have one or not, and if not why?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts