Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is completely stock. Would I see any improvements from tuning a stock car? If so, any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
10,032 Posts
It would depend on how you drive it. If you're not agressive it really wouldn't be worth it.

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,817 Posts
Funny, I just tuned my '13 6spd SRT over the week end. The car has 4300 miles on it. I had already put a magnaflow competition cat back on the car about 2000 miles ago. With the exception of the exhaust, a front strut tower brace and a catch can, the car is stock. I updated the diablo in tune, installed the 93 octane tune, lowered ALL fan settings by 20*, and installed a Mishimoto T-stat. Now, again, I've been driving the car over the course of 11 months and 4300 miles so I know how it rides, feels, and reacts to my inputs. IT DEFINITELY made a difference. Don't ask for pre/post dyno runs, don't have them, nor do I care too. Oh, also I set the throttle response to 12% and raised the rev limiter to 6600 RPM. Don't get me wrong. It's not like I bolted on 90 horse, but I can feel the car wanting to go hard and fast while the traction control fights, not to good, to keep my tires from spinning. Definite improvement. And besides, as you add mods, what ever they may be, the tune brings out the full potential of said mods, gets the most out of all of them working in unison. I'll finish by stating I'm very, very glad I did this mod. Good luck.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Car, truck,motorcycle, doesn't really matter what it is, if its modern, fuel injected, and in America, it needs a tune.

Its the one mod you'll feel and appreciate every mile. Instant seat of the pants gratification for $500 or less.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I was just researching the same thing. I have a 2014 and the only real ting I have done to it is add a Zoomers exhaust. What tuner does anybody suggest? I have never tried to use a tuner and haven't really got a clue what to do, but I bet youtube will have some info for me. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Although I haven't yet bought it research said a tune will give a decent improvement especially adjusting the car to run the gas I'm putting it in properly (93 octane). Sees like the Diable tuners are pretty popular and the way I will go when the time comes.

·
Registered
48 Posts
With a completely stock car my 1/8 mile et went down 3 tenths of a sec consistently with nothing but a tune

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
341 Posts
Gotta echo what Teddyp stated. Tho I'm only in the MOPAR world for 2 weeks, (and loving my '12 392 with 3700 miles), I can attest to the benefits of a tune. I traded my '02 Z06 for this car. About a year ago I had a street tune done by East Coast Supercharging in Cream Ridge, NJ. Doug took the car for an hour, hooked up to about a zillion umbilical cords, and brought me back a different car. Seat of the pants feel was huge. Power was always THERE. The engine was seamless, responding like a bear to any input. Doug conservatively estimated a 8-10 hp gain. It was the most impressive money I've ever spent to "improve" a car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts