Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The question is in the title.. I can get my hands on a set of headers off a Charger with the 345 for 25 bucks, will they work with the Challenger?

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
What year Charger? What headers are on it? So you are taking it from A Charger R/T and putting it on your R/T? The 09+ have different shaped ports compared to the 08 and before

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What year Charger? What headers are on it? So you are taking it from A Charger R/T and putting it on your R/T? The 09+ have different shaped ports compared to the 08 and before

Sounds like it won't work then. After lurking here a bit longer, the pace setter long tubes look like they fit very nicely and seem to have around a 300$ price tag, if I pull the trigger on headers I may go with those.

Thanks for the reply though.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought so... man I get so lost as to what to do to this thing performance-wise. I'm going to continue to lurk here a while before I bust out a check book.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I hear ya! I have had the car since April 23rd last year and had been on the fence too long! Sometimes you gotta get back to basics with this stuff. Seems to me people are over complicating things and worrying about inexpensive parts not performing or lasting. You do have to be careful but you do not always have to buy the highest quality and price components to get very good results! I bought this car based on a budget and plan to keep it that way and still get the benefits of adding the right aftermarket components to get the results I am looking for!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I also got mine last April. My long term plan is to work in stages, put a tune on it with long tubes (if i can find a set I'm willing to pay for), higher flowing cats, then sometime next year ported heads and probably a cam, and get the thing tuned appropriately. I don't have much of a budget so I'm thinking 'one piece at a time'. I dunno.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
I've got Charger SRT headers and mids on mine.

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
SRT headers are fine, they are the same headers that come on a Challenger SRT

·
Registered
185 Posts
So far, I can't see how these are working. They look like the old round port design instead of the D ports. Considering the fact that Pacesetter lists the same P/N for all 05+ hemis, I don't understand it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So far, I can't see how these are working. They look like the old round port design instead of the D ports. Considering the fact that Pacesetter lists the same P/N for all 05+ hemis, I don't understand it.
I'd really like to see it up close and personal. I've run headers on other engines with D-shaped exhaust ports (Pontiacs and SBCs) without the headers matching up *perfectly* but then again I made sure the header flanges lined the primary tubes up in such a way that they met the curve of the D port... if that makes sense...

·
Registered
223 Posts
Guys...I really think you are all over thinking this! I am shooting for the best power gain for the buck! Matching ports and coatings are minimal returns for you investment! If you are building a show car or a competitive race car, then by all means a higher quality and designed header is going to benefit you!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Not talking about port matching. I'm talking rough shape. Pre-Eagle is round, Eagle and 6.1 is D shaped. Port matching is about relatively small variations (few thousandths here and there) and blending.

Putting a round hole over a half-round one isn't what I'd consider in the realm of port matching.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts