Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently running cat back Solo X-pipe system, no muffler no resonators. Now I'm wanting to add Mopar CAI, mainly just better looks and got a great deal on it. With this will I be throwing any codes that will cause me to have to get a tune. I know exhaust alone, or CAI alone won't throw a code…not sure on the combo?

2014 Challenger RT Plus 5.7 5A

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,016 Posts
You have to be careful. No all CAI's actually deliver cold air. You should monitor air intake temperatures and ambient temperatures before and after the CAI is installed to be sure 1) The engine already doesn't have an CAI -- from the factory -- and 2) the new CAI actually delivers cold/colder air.

Just because the engine doesn't throw a code is not a sign the tune is ideal. Get the engine like you want it then get a tune, or at least get the car checked to see if the tune (AFR mainly) is optimum.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,849 Posts
Highly doubt the combination would trigger a MAL/CEL light (usually it will be a cat efficiency low code). If that is what you are concerned about you won't NEED a tune.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,703 Posts
Have never heard of cat back exhaust/cai combo causing any issues

A Guy

Reactions: Dragongunner

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
If these are the only mods you are going to do, maybe a "Scat Pack I" PCM to take advantage of the added breathing. It helped my '15 out and all I did was a Hellcat intake box with air catcher tube, a K&N drop in filter and a "home made" cat back, muffler swap and resonator delete.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts