Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I want to apologize if this has been asked before, so that being said:

From what I understand, the intake manifold is plastic. Will porting & polishing it get me any gains? I am looking to do stuff that will not void my 100K warranty.

I already put a JBM intake (didn't see ANYTHING from that, I will be honest). I plan on the 180 Tstat and of course the tune. This is all stuff that I can remove if I ever see the service dept.

Also rumor has it that if I do headers and cam thru the dealer that my warranty is still valid, so long as it's done thru the dealer? Any truth to this.

All help is appreciated.

Isaiah 43:1-3

·
Registered
94 Posts
I would get a ported throttle body from fastman before I would worry about doing anything with the intake. I haven't heard of anyone doing modifications to the stock 5.7 manifold, most will bolt on the 6.1 manifold and go from there, but since you don't want to void the warranty, that's not really an option. If you have a CAI, ported TB, and a good tune, you will be fairly surprised with how much it wakes the car up.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I would get a ported throttle body from fastman before I would worry about doing anything with the intake. If you have a CAI, ported TB, and a good tune, you will be fairly surprised with how much it wakes the car up.
This is what I did, and it works very good. :hippy:

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
To void the warranty, they have to prove that the after market part caused the failure. For example, the manual transmission is rated for 600 rwhp. if you have mods, but are under that by a decent amount and your transmission fails, it will still be warrantied.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Yes it will give u gaines with a bigger tb. Peak speed shop is the company doing the porting with dyno graphs to back it up. Im doing mine soon as well

·
Registered
94 Posts
Standard Mod 85 to 81

Yep, saving $ now for that fatman fastman TB. What size should I go?
From everything I've read, and the conversations I've had with Dan, your are best to go with the standard TB mod which is a 85mm opening to 81mm bore. This isn't going necessarily bigger, but it bores the TB to match the manifold opening, thus creating a better flow. Going any bigger isn't necessary until you start doing more extreme modifications such as cams, heads, etc.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yes it will give u gaines with a bigger tb. Peak speed shop is the company doing the porting with dyno graphs to back it up. Im doing mine soon as well
But I think porting the stock 5.7 manifold would be the wrong way to go. Like I said before I would try to find a 6.1 intake to bolt on before messing around with the plastic intake on the 5.7.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts