Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wil the Mopar TCM allow me to disable the auto up-shift on an 09 Challenger SRT?

What other options does it give you?

How do select the options? Through the EVIC? Predator?

Thanks,

·
Banned
4,131 Posts
the mopar TCM will disable the auto up shift feature in autostick and modify shift points. it does not need a predator to function and it is not adjustable

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
copied and pasted from another thread, this is from flat top. hope this helps.

lol lol, yep, I searched high and low, months and months ago. No one will be able to get in. Only way to get gear hold is an 06-7 MTCM. and it has some issues with some cars. I dont have any issues, i got gear hold I needed. MTCM does work a little diffrent than stock TCM. On the MTCM, converter lock up solonoid ingauges really fast under part throttle. Stuff like that. I go from MTCM at track to TCM on the street.
If wondering why I need gear hold.?? Not for John Force burn outs either. Beacuse I have a loose 4000 stall, my stock TCM auto shifts,(in auto stick mode) at the top of 4000rpm, during the stall itself.(no good) MTCM gear hold allows me to stay in first until it get to 5700 rpm. The car senses the slip, stall,mph,rpm.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Wil the Mopar TCM allow me to disable the auto up-shift on an 09 Challenger SRT?

What other options does it give you?

How do select the options? Through the EVIC? Predator?

Thanks,
You don't need the MTCM to disable the auto up shift...you can do it withe the predtor using transmision mode 1,2,3
Mode 1: I use for track and Fun
Gears 1-4 then Drive
No Up shift in auto stick
It will auto down shift for you as you slow
It will down shift for passing
From a dead stop...you can presellect a gear....say 3rd and it will only auto shift up to that gear at each gears redline.

Mod 2: I Never Use

Mode 3: I use for Track and Dyno
Gears 1-5 then Drive
It Will Up shift at redline for any gear
It will only auto down shift if you come to a stop
It will not auto down shift for passing gear.
It will not auto down shift out of any sellected gear unless you're stopping
From a dead stop it will shift into 1st and from there you can only sellect 2nd gear, but it will start in 2nd gear

·
Registered
688 Posts
You do need the Predator to change the rear end gearing. We have a 3.06:1 and the MTCM expects a 2.89:1 ratio. (you must change this setting for the MTCM to work, otherwise, limp mode.) I had no issues on my '09 SRT, but I pulled it out when I went supercharged. I think it was a bit too much for my tastes with a supercharger, but stock it was great. I will not be putting it back in and I have it for sale, if you are interested. There is also a new MTCM that is designed just for the SRT's that you may want to look into. The one I have is for the RT's, but works on some SRT's. The Predator alone has no effect on '09 or later SRT transmissions.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
^^ What he said. The other one Flat Top used was the older one for the pre '08 cars.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
O.K. I'm trying to wrap my head around this new information

Performance TCM for srt will work in rt and don't need a predator to make it work properly.

Pre 09 TCM we would need a predator to change gear ratio or the car will go into limp mode.

Do I have it right?

Thanks,
pwr2tow

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
O.K. I'm trying to wrap my head around this new information

Performance TCM for srt will work in rt and don't need a predator to make it work properly.

Pre 09 TCM we would need a predator to change gear ratio or the car will go into limp mode.

Do I have it right?

Thanks,
pwr2tow
Can anyone answer this, do I have it correct or please explain if I don't.

Thanks,
pwr2tow

·
Super Moderator
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
Hey guys. Its true, I use the older MTCM for I finally found out how and why this stuff works as it does. I do have to change gear raito with my Mr.Trinity. Or goes limp.
It not a problem to go from one to the other,MTCM/TCM ( If you need to.) Just make sure you load the tunes right not to brick the MTCM.
It worked for me, as I needed it to. FlatTop

·
Super Moderator
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
Sorry If this appears twice, having keyboard problems.
Yes I do have the Older MTCM 09 RT It does work for me as I need it to. I had the preditor, now Mr.Trinity and it will do Nothing for Nothing, mode 123 upshift no way, just does not work and may Never. Why would they (DS) waist the time. ?
So the MTCM works in my car. Be carfull not to brick it. And got to set the gear to 3:06 or youll go limp.
FlatTop

Told ya I was having keyboard problems,,,lol lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts