Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys. Sorry if this is common knowledge but I am upgrading to a 6.4 GWE (Insight says July 5th) and I was wondering if the Predator I used on my 6.1 will be good for anything on the 6.4?

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I didn't think it was because of size, didn't know if they were compatible. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
As of now it will not work. I have not gotten ANY response to if an UPDATE CROM will be available for the 6.4L 392 or if we will have to buy a different Predator. I hope the U7135 will be able to work with a CROM update but dont know yet. I have a Predator just sitting around waiting to see. It might just be a paper weight and dont even know it yet.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
I already asked them in some PM's on the Diablo Forum and they gave me no response. Ive been on the Diablo Forum for 3 years now and they know who I am but I think they really cant say what will be the final product. If its a CROM update or a new part number Predator.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Can someone explain exactly what the tune does? I was under the impression a normally aspirated could not really be "tuned"? I had a G35 prior to this car and the VQ engines could not be tuned at all. So what does the Predator or Diablo tune actually do? Thanks

·
Registered
432 Posts
Can someone explain exactly what the tune does? I was under the impression a normally aspirated could not really be "tuned"? I had a G35 prior to this car and the VQ engines could not be tuned at all. So what does the Predator or Diablo tune actually do? Thanks
As I understand it, it makes adjustments to the fuel and timing curve. (e.g: advances the ignition timing to make more power). In automatic tranny cars, it can also adjust shift points and shift firmness.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
There's actually quite a bit of stuff we can change with the Predator. The guys that do the custom tunes use software called CMR (Chipmaster Revolution) that gives them access to pretty much everything regarding the operation of the motor including fuel tables, volumetric efficiency, spark advance, throttle response, etc. Even some PCM logic can be changed so that things like knock sensors and misfire sensors can be made more or less sensitive.

These CMR tunes are then uploaded to the Predator which in turns modifies the PCM logic in our cars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts