Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove the car into the garage after filling the tank and adding fuel storage conditioner. Covered it and left it for the winter. I uncovered it and charged the battery. Now she cranks but will not start. Any suggestions please.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
6,032 Posts
Put ignition in Run while NOT putting foot on brake. The starter won’t engage, but you should be able to hear the fuel pump energize and pressurize for about 2 seconds. If you cannot hear that, the problem could be one of fuel delivery, as in there is none.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Not really applicable but to highlight a retry my Hellcat ran out of gas. I was close to a station and bought a 2 gallon gas can and added 2 gallons of gas to the gas tank. Tried to start the engine and it didn't start, didn't even act like it wanted to run. The engine cranked a considerable time, too.

Thought maybe I didn't run it out of gas but the fuel pump quit.

Was thinking about what to when I decided to try a 2nd start attempt even though I was worried about the long cranking time maybe damaging the starter.

Pushed the button and the engine fired up.

Be sure the fuel pump runs. You might need a helper to work the ignition while you monitor the fuel pump to ensure it runs.

Be sure the battery has sufficient power. While a battery might be able to crank an engine it may not have enough power to create a sufficiently strong enough electrical field in the coils that when power is cut to the coil the collapsing electrical field does not generate a spark.

·
Registered
14,269 Posts
You left the battery connected but uncharged all winter?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
6,032 Posts
You left the battery connected but uncharged all winter?

Sure, that’s no problem...as long he lives some place like Florida or Texas where winter only lasts 3-4 weeks at the most. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Let's start with some details..year/make/model? Transmission? Where do you live?

·
Registered
14,269 Posts
Nuke's idea is the first thing to try but don't know if OP did it or not.

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
975 Posts
Nuke's idea is the first thing to try but don't know if OP did it or not.

Not snooped around on mine much.....but is there a schrader valve on one or more of the fuel rails for attaching a gauge to?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,507 Posts
1 - 20 of 65 Posts