Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
14,269 Posts
It's in the rear fuse box in trunk.

You have a fuel pump fuse and a fuel pump relay. Check the fuse and you may be able to swap a relay to see if it starts.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,507 Posts
FYI on a pre-2015 the fuel pump fuse is number 6 and relay is 46 in the fuse box in the trunk...just above the battery.

On a +2015 it is fuse 26 and relay 72 in the fuse box in the trunk.

You can go to the chilton online manual to confirm for yourself.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,566 Posts
Step 1 should always be, what is the battery volts? The car can tell you this!
If you get in the car and try to turn it on (NOT TRY TO START) what all works?

·
Registered
412 Posts
This is why I start and run the car in the winter with the remote, despite all those posting here who say to let it sit. No way.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Oops I didn't reply to the last post. In the future either pull the battery or put a maintainer on it for the winter. These computer controlled cars can be weird at times. Voltage can mess things up ie. Charging. I would disconnect the battery for 10 mins then connect and retry. Obviously you should hear the pump. And dont hold the gas peddle to floor while cranking that shuts off the ignition.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not really applicable but to highlight a retry my Hellcat ran out of gas. I was close to a station and bought a 2 gallon gas can and added 2 gallons of gas to the gas tank. Tried to start the engine and it didn't start, didn't even act like it wanted to run. The engine cranked a considerable time, too.

Thought maybe I didn't run it out of gas but the fuel pump quit.

Was thinking about what to when I decided to try a 2nd start attempt even though I was worried about the long cranking time maybe damaging the starter.

Pushed the button and the engine fired up.

Be sure the fuel pump runs. You might need a helper to work the ignition while you monitor the fuel pump to ensure it runs.

Be sure the battery has sufficient power. While a battery might be able to crank an engine it may not have enough power to create a sufficiently strong enough electrical field in the coils that when power is cut to the coil the collapsing electrical field does not generate a spark.
Its never good to run a fuel injected car out of gas, fuel pump needs fuel to stay cool, i work for the auto industry and have seen failed pups due to overheating

·
Registered
8 Posts
I drove the car into the garage after filling the tank and adding fuel storage conditioner. Covered it and left it for the winter. I uncovered it and charged the battery. Now she cranks but will not start. Any suggestions please.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Its never good to run a fuel injected car out of gas, fuel pump needs fuel to stay cool, i work for the auto industry and have seen failed pups due to overheating
I once used conditioner it cleaned out all the scum in the tank and it cost me 10 fuel filters before it all was out! I'll never do that again unless the tank is clean from the beginning!

·
Registered
65 Posts
To the OP, did you check your fuel pump/fuses? The other way is to check the fuel pressure at the rail. Take rag and a small Phillip's scew driver and press the test port for just a second. Stock fuel pressure is about 62 psi. If you get pressure there than you can rule out the fuel pump.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,507 Posts
To the OP, did you check your fuel pump/fuses? The other way is to check the fuel pressure at the rail. Take rag and a small Phillip's scew driver and press the test port for just a second. Stock fuel pressure is about 62 psi. If you get pressure there than you can rule out the fuel pump.
As slidd pointed out earlier there does not seem to be a test port on the stock fuel rail. Need to use an adapter that seems to plug in-line between the fuel rail and fuel line feed.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Sure, that’s no problem...as long he lives some place like Florida or Texas where winter only lasts 3-4 weeks at the most. :ROFLMAO:
We have 2 seasons here in Lake Havasu City, AZ........summer and Christmas Day.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts