Dodge Challenger Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Do you use it regularly or just for storage?I haven't noticed the 360 before.Looks like good sruff...I use the stabilizer in yard equipment and it works.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Its never good to run a fuel injected car out of gas, fuel pump needs fuel to stay cool, i work for the auto industry and have seen failed pups due to overheating
AGREE!!! I keep hearing that for all newer cars with pumps in the tank. Never allow 'em to get bellow 1/4 tank. The idea is to keep the pump mostly submerged. Is it really necessary for longevity? Beats me......but I figure it's easy to do and cost me nothing.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
I don't let mine get below a 1/4.My wife on the other hand won't even get gas until the warning light comes on.She has not ever ran out of gas where the damage to pumps happen.I have not replaced a pump on any of her cars in 35 years.She's had a range of cars foreign and domestic. She's drove the 06 Daytona for the last 7 years when I purchased the Challenger.I used to say the same thing to her about the pump,and the fear of running out of gas every time I get in the car.Neither have happened so far.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts