Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
IDK about your SRT, but my RT came alive after 6-7 months of driving her. Some said the VVT is programmed to go full on after so many miles? One day I was on an on ramp and punched it in 2nd gear and it hurt my kidneys!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
IDK about your SRT, but my RT came alive after 6-7 months of driving her. Some said the VVT is programmed to go full on after so many miles? One day I was on an on ramp and punched it in 2nd gear and it hurt my kidneys! That's how I found out about the "waking up the HEMI rumor" Ha Ha, its no joke!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I'm sorry, ever since this program changed, I keep double posting stuff? Errrrrr...I was trying to edit my last post. I'm practicing on this one now!

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
These cars are known to wake up after around 3,750 miles.

·
Vendor
12,920 Posts
there use to be a rumor floating around that SRT's , especially the Cherokee, had some form of torque management restrictions until you reach 1800 miles, however we could never find anything to prove it or dismiss it
Luke

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Srt engineers in one of their online sessions said 3500 miles, it was shortly after that I recorded my best times at the track.

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,817 Posts
I have 4700 on my '13 and was looking purposely at around 3750 because that's when it was supposed to come alive. Never did, at least I didn't notice. It's still "just" as fast now as it used to be.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Yeah, you'll be lucky to see much of a difference in WOT performance, but the engine will feel like it's more eager to rev after ~3700 miles once the VCT mechanisms are allowed to operate fully.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts