Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
I dont know if it will lower it, it may but not by any significant amount I dont think. Are you trying to drop it like the eibach pro kit?

·
Registered
181 Posts
get the eibach kit...thats what i have just the springs and it changed the whole ride.....only cost about $265

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I would like to drop 1 to 1.5 inches. I can't do sportlines as it will drop it too much for my exhaust clearance, I still want to go over speedbumps!LOL

·
Registered
607 Posts
Get the eibach pro kit, thats what Im doing. Unless you have a 2011. I do and called them and the pro kit they made for the 2010 wont work. I have to wait a few more months before they will have it out for the 2011 the rep said.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Put the Flowmaster duals on and the main baffle and pipes leading back are a little lower than the stock exhaust. I think if I go more than 1.5 in lower I'll hang up on speedbumps and such. I'll probably go with the Pro springs, I thought I had read somewhere that the stock RT and SRT springs were set lower than the SE.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Do you have an '11 SE or a '10?

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Tallest; R/T, then SE, and SRT is lowest

Actually R/T springs will RAISE your SE. R/Ts are the tallest stock, so SRT to lower. Went from SE to an R/T and kinda LIKE it a bit taller as I can hammer thru dips that used to bottom in the SE, of course it ROLLS little more in da corners also!:werd:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Check eBay for the Stage 1 lowering springs. A seller named "stevewhitemotors" is selling a set shipped for $256. I haven't tried them, but it seems like a decent price if you are looking for just the springs.

They say in the listing it will lower the SE ride by 1 inch. And no, I do NOT work for that seller/company. Just passing along some info.

Here is the link to the eBay listing (I will remove if I'm breaking any forum rules)
DODGE CHALLENGER 1 INCH LOWERING SPRINGS STAGE 1 MOPAR | eBay

·
Registered
46 Posts
"Actually R/T springs will RAISE your SE. R/Ts are the tallest stock, so SRT to lower. Went from SE to an R/T and kinda LIKE it a bit taller as I can hammer thru dips that used to bottom in the SE, of course it ROLLS little more in da corners also!" -sick'r bee

Today i rolled right next to a grey RT with SRT 20" on it... I noticed i was sitting lower about an inch than her and I have stock 18" if i put 20" heritage/classic with 245 45 20.

Will my SE stay the same stance and sit lower than RT without an upgraded suspension?

·
Registered
846 Posts
I'm.will to bet any of the v8 will raise the car...keep in mind the v8's are heavier then SE's so the springs need to compensate for that...so putting springs on a car that is meant for a heavier car will be counter productive...also keep in mind the spring rate is also factored into a car that has the weight that comes with the v8 trims, so I'm sure that would effect ride as well and I'm not sure if it would be a good thing.

Put lowering springs that are meant for the car on...as for scraping, I went with the pro kit with shocks and struts it dropped about 2-2.5" I have dual exhaust and have very few problems with scraping and they are not speed bumps, its steep angled driveways and even then its not the exhaust I worry about it, its the front of the car...

With a mild drop you'll be finr

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm.will to bet any of the v8 will raise the car...keep in mind the v8's are heavier then SE's so the springs need to compensate for that...so putting springs on a car that is meant for a heavier car will be counter productive...also keep in mind the spring rate is also factored into a car that has the weight that comes with the v8 trims, so I'm sure that would effect ride as well and I'm not sure if it would be a good thing.

Put lowering springs that are meant for the car on...as for scraping, I went with the pro kit with shocks and struts it dropped about 2-2.5" I have dual exhaust and have very few problems with scraping and they are not speed bumps, its steep angled driveways and even then its not the exhaust I worry about it, its the front of the car...

With a mild drop you'll be finr

same here with the sportline kit...got duels and can get over any speed bump as long as i dont dukes of hazzard over them....now as for steep driveways, now thats a different story....front end scrapes every time mine sits about two inches lower than a stock RT...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts