Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the mechanical parts will work on older eagle engines, but I was wondering about tuning. Any thoughts on whether Dodge will offer ecm for older cars? If not, am I correct in assuming a good come tuner could tune the car with the scat pack 3?

·
Registered
43 Posts
It should work on all of the Challengers 3rd gen Challengers, The engine components have not changed since launch except the SRT-8 (It doesn't even get a scat pack).

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
The only thing that may present an issue is the computer management system (tune) that is included in stage 2 and 3. If it's only calibrated for for something that is specific to the '14 it won't work. In theory, it should work for the '11 and up Challengers...

·
Registered
360 Posts
I would assume the only reason you would go with a 'scat pack' component would be to retain warranty? Otherwise I would see it as a waste of money when you could go aftermarket and get probably twice the amount of performance for half the price.

This is similar to what BMW did for the 335's (N54/N55's). They released performance flash upgrades for their cars, which only netted people an additional 20-30hp and about the same in tq for about $2000 which maintained your warranty, but you could get a COBB tune or Vishnu tune for about half that and gain 40-60hp and about the same in tq...

Reactions: Modern Muscle

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I would assume the only reason you would go with a 'scat pack' component would be to retain warranty? Otherwise I would see it as a waste of money when you could go aftermarket and get probably twice the amount of performance for half the price.

This is similar to what BMW did for the 335's (N54/N55's). They released performance flash upgrades for their cars, which only netted people an additional 20-30hp and about the same in tq for about $2000 which maintained your warranty, but you could get a COBB tune or Vishnu tune for about half that and gain 40-60hp and about the same in tq...
A reason that I would consider the Scat Pack over aftermarket is collectability and MOPAR nostalgia...

Reactions: Southern

·
Registered
360 Posts
Ok, fair enough. Not knocking that logic either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts