Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will srt headers add performance to my 2010 RT auto?

If so how much and does anyone have them for sale?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Anything is better than the stock restrictive exhaust manifolds.I installed the JBA shorty headers and the car definately breaths and sounds better.I anticipate you will gain 10-15 hp.

Once you hold an R/T exhaust manifold, examine it, then compare it to the SRT8 clamshell header or aftermarket header you will know what I'm saying.Worth the expense in my books.

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
Yes you will notice some improvment. The SRT Headers flow very well for a stock unit. Some guys here are pushing some big hp #s and still running stock headers.

I may have a set left with very low miles pm me if interested.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Are the SRT manifolds a bolt in replacement like the JBA shorty headers, or do you have to modify the down pipes? Thanks

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Are the SRT manifolds a bolt in replacement like the JBA shorty headers, or do you have to modify the down pipes? Thanks
I believe you would have to use a 3" to 2 1/2" adapter from the SRT clamshell headers to the R/T mid-pipes.I'm sure I have read this on the forum previously.

·
Registered
864 Posts
^^ Im pretty sure the exhaust reduces after the midpipe, so if your only changing the headers youll be alright.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts