Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Contemplating buying a set of the factory SRT leather covers with the red stripe for my car. Currently have an RT with cloth seats. I'd prefer to have RT leather covers, but they are sold out and the SRT's are a steal.

Hope someone can clarify. Thanks.

·
Banned
675 Posts
Let me know what you find out. I may be picking up an SRT this week or early next week and I'm going to try to find a set of all leather R/T seats to put in if they will work

·
Premium Member
7,296 Posts
When I looked at the SRT & R/T in late 2008, the seats were different; more side bolster on the SRT. Actually, I found the R/T seat more comfortable (for me) than the SRT seat. I doubt the SRT covers will fit the R/T seat without some modification.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
The srt8 covers will fit on the r/t seats but you may have wrinkles around the bolsters since the bolsters are bigger than the r/t bolsters are. I preferred the feel of the srt8 seats over the r/t, just not enough to make me spend 5k more. It may take some judicious fitting to make the wrinkles not so noticable.

If i hadn't already recovered my seats in tan, i would trade the seats with your srt8...not the covers but the seats themselves. Too much trouble to get srt seats and then order new covers to match at this point.

You can order black seatcovers for the r/t from take off auto parts.

·
Banned
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the comments. I think I will pass on the SRT covers as I don't like the idea of wrinkles. Also I had forgotten the SRT covers are partial leather and some plush material instead of all leather with a red stripe. I prefer the all leather setup.

By the way Take Off Auto Parts is where I was looking. He is sold out of RT covers and states no more due to 2011 models that are different.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts