Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a changller srt8, People around here asking way to much. So is there anyone out there want me to take over your payments.. Would need low miles, Cause i like to travel.would like to have everything in it. I think the push button start n stop is cool havent had one of them since i was 13. SO IF YOUR OUT THERE AND WANNA LET ME TAKE OVER YOUR PAYMENTS.... SO PLEASE HURRY AND CALL YOU DON'T WANNA MISS OUT :) 302-8325138 3022763511 [email protected]

THANKS

·
Registered
812 Posts
Wow. That's a new one. Good luck with that.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I have no payments........but Ill rent it to you for $450 a week + mileage and .2% of the value per month in depreciation

Call me if your interested.......407-UBE-NUTS

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
sounds like a scammer and first post to boot.. where are those mods at.. let me get on the SITUATATION maybe they will lock or delete this then

·
Registered
13 Posts
Based on the absurd syntax, grammer and spelling; first post; inherently preposterous idea - this has all the earmarks of a scam. Don't bite on this, Bro!

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Be real folks... if someone wants to buy a srt they are not going to search all over the US and Canada to take over payments (to save a few bucks).
And who buys a Challenger without caring what color it is? Duh.
I could understand if he was searching for a 1966 Shelby Cobra 427 Super Snake but c'mon.... a used srt?
Somebody call a local massage parlor and give them his number.

·
Registered
296 Posts
besides most of these SRT owners GOT money and don't need anyone "taking over" their payments for them.

on the other hand... If any of you R/T owners who got in on some of that 0% interest and want to give up their Chally I'll help you guys out. It's a dirty job but I'm willing to take one for the team! LoL:smokin:

also: If anybody needs a "challenger sitter" to come by and drive your challenger while your away on business, I'd be willing to do this as well:pimp:

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Anybody with a credit score of 720 plus can take over any payment they want by getting their own loan. I don't really understand the concept of taking over someones payment. Does this mean you are making the payments on a loan that is legally owned by the original owner? That would be personal credit suicide for the original owner and probably end very badly.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
sounds like a scammer and first post to boot.. where are those mods at.. let me get on the SITUATATION maybe they will lock or delete this then
I'm thinking the same thing......something just isn't right. I suppose it is also possible that they are playing a joke on someone else by posting the telephone numbers.....though my first instinct is "scam".

·
Registered
736 Posts
Well I would give the poster the benefit of the doubt. Nothing at all wrong with what he is asking. It happens all the time. Someone buys a car they cannot afford, and is looking for a way out. The new buyer basically finances the vehicle in their name which pays off the original owners loan. Buyer gets to put no money down at all. He is probably looking for someone who put some money down, but cannot afford to keep the car.

Agreed that most Challenger owners do not need the money, and can afford the cars, but you can bet your life there are MANY college students and younger people who got in over their heads to own a Challenger not full thinking the financial part through.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Well I would give the poster the benefit of the doubt. Nothing at all wrong with what he is asking. It happens all the time. Someone buys a car they cannot afford, and is looking for a way out. The new buyer basically finances the vehicle in their name which pays off the original owners loan. Buyer gets to put no money down at all. He is probably looking for someone who put some money down, but cannot afford to keep the car.

Agreed that most Challenger owners do not need the money, and can afford the cars, but you can bet your life there are MANY college students and younger people who got in over their heads to own a Challenger not full thinking the financial part through.
Ok. I now understand.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Take Over Payments: Disadvantages

OK, guys, so here's the deal with "take over payments". It has all of the disadvantages of selling your car and none of the advantages. If you originally bought the car, you remain liable for the full amount of the sales contract. If you have someone "take over" your payment, that does nothing to relieve you of your liability under the contract. So, if this yahoo splits with your car and fails to make the monthly payment, now you are stuck with your original payment, and your car is gone. See how this gets kinda stinky? There is no lender in the world who is going to relieve you of your original liability since they want to keep you on the hook. And if your transferee (the guy who now has your car) doesn't have a strong enough credit history to qualify to purchase your car outright, then you tell me - what are the chances that he will faithfully and regularly make the monthly payment? He has no downside to simply driving your car until it gets repossessed, wrecked, or "lost". After all, it's not a "stolen" car since you willingly transferred it to him - so now the police won't help you out, because it's a "civil matter."

No matter how you look at this, you lose.

·
Registered
736 Posts
OK, guys, so here's the deal with "take over payments". It has all of the disadvantages of selling your car and none of the advantages. If you originally bought the car, you remain liable for the full amount of the sales contract. If you have someone "take over" your payment, that does nothing to relieve you of your liability under the contract. So, if this yahoo splits with your car and fails to make the monthly payment, now you are stuck with your original payment, and your car is gone. See how this gets kinda stinky? There is no lender in the world who is going to relieve you of your original liability since they want to keep you on the hook. And if your transferee (the guy who now has your car) doesn't have a strong enough credit history to qualify to purchase your car outright, then you tell me - what are the chances that he will faithfully and regularly make the monthly payment? He has no downside to simply driving your car until it gets repossessed, wrecked, or "lost". After all, it's not a "stolen" car since you willingly transferred it to him - so now the police won't help you out, because it's a "civil matter."

No matter how you look at this, you lose.
That is 100% incorrect. There is a legal way. It's almost like selling him the car. Call your lender, and they will tell you they will do it. I have been through this with a leased car 2 times. They had me on the hook, but let someone else assume my lease, and I was out of the picture. Some people get their cars repossessed. The bank would much rather have someone else on the hook as opposed to getting the car back. Maybe there are some banks who are opposed to it, but most will do it for sure as long as the credit is good enough.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts