Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Will the 82212379 quad exhaust tips fit a '14?

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  SurfGuitar 
#1 ·
Luke, all the ads for the quad tips I've seen indicate "fits 2008-2013". Is there something different about the 2014 mounting?

If they will fit a '14 (R/T manual), I'm ready to order a set. Thanks!

#2 ·
I'm sure Luke will respond ASAP. But Dodge had a Mopar 14 Challenger at NYIAS and it has the quad tips on it.

#3 ·
Should be the same

#5 ·
Thanks, Luke, 99.9% is close enough. I'll take a set, OK to send an invoice to my email: jabo964@charter.net

When they arrive I'll pull one of the OEM ones to make sure the ball mounts are the same before I install.

#8 ·
Luke - thanks for the invoice, payment sent.

Steven - will do, with pics.

#12 ·
Quad tips on a '14 Shaker

I installed the Mopar quad exhaust tips on my '14 shaker. It was an easy process, but having a second person to help align the tips while you tighten the bolt will save you from getting up, looking at them, getting back down on your back, adjusting, getting up,...you see where this is going.

The quad tips are a slightly different size from the stock ones. The flange that holds the tip to the exhaust pipe is the same size. There is a left and right tip. I put the shorter side of the two ends on the outside of the car, the longer side toward the center of the car. This allows the tips to follow the curve of the bumper. I guess if you want the outside tip to project further out you can swap sides. To install, undo the 13mm bolt on the ring welded to the end of the exhaust pipe coming from the muffler. Undo the bolt almost all the way, not just loosening it a little. Wiggle the old tip off. The ring is welded to the exhaust, so don't spend time trying to take it off or worrying that it will fall off (I did both of these things, lol). Slide the new tip on. Have someone stand back and eyeball the alignment while you tighten the bolt. It really is that easy. The new tip will have a little more of a gap at the top next to the bumper than there was with the old tip. And the new tip projects out a little more than the old one. I like the look a lot. It's close to my 1970 Challenger.

Hope this helps. Pictures should be attached if I did it right.

Attachments

#13 ·
The tips arrived yesterday, installed them today. Thanks, Luke, for the great service as always.

Super easy swap - 5 minutes to remove the originals & attach the quads, 10 minutes to line them up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.