Dodge Challenger Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Legion 681 Quote:
Though the big question for me, as far as what they could change, is concerning the front and rear bumper. In the concept I don't seem to see anything that could be a front and rear bumper and I feel they will have to do something about it.

This may be a dumb question, but what makes the bumpers of the Challenger any less suitable than the bumpers on the last generation of Camaro/Firebirds?
A few years back I had a 95 Monte Carlo that had nothing that I would realy call a bumper. Other than on pickups, you never actually see what I would call a "real" bumper anymore.

I now have an 01 Dakota, the rear bumper is real but the front end is a joke... just ask those two deer I've killed. If it wasn't for a brushgaurd, I wouldn't still have the truck after the second one!

:confused: Someone please give me a true honest answer about what there has to be to meet these unstated requirements!!

The 'stick-out' bumpers have been done away with to meet Canadian & Euro-spec pedestrian requirements... (If they have to meet these, why bother creating extra bumpers just for US? Means more $).. Supposedly research has found that having those protruding bumpers means more leg injuries to pedestrians in low-speed impacts.. (Apparently people were having their legs broken by being hit at 5mph... lol)
Hence why you never see many protruding bumpers anymore.... flat front means less impact directly on the leg.... hits the whole body instead... as if that's supposed to be better or something... LOL

sends them flying instead of tumbling.. better for everyone!

I highly doubt they'll bring it out with the gas tank behind the plate, but if they do, that's just one less thing on the body to break up the beautiful lines!

It is a S1 car...the changes will be the carbon fiber shell body is not production.

Yes...the guy who designed it lives two block from my house....LOL

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.