Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Will the Demon be a decent "Daily Driver" during the "warmer" Months?

If I'm able to order a Dodge Demon, I plan on driving it often and hard. I'm wondering if anybody has heard if the Demon will be at least somewhat "Comfortable" to drive?

I remembered reading that part of the weight savings come from the removal of some sound insulation and other “NVH” components that cuts about 18 pounds. Plus the removal of some sound insulation in the trunk. This worries me a little. I've driven many prototype vehicles (for work), where there is no sound insulation installed in them. And some of cars feel like you are inside a big open-panel Work Van (LOL), where noise seams to be amplified everywhere and the cars are obviously much louder on the inside (and its usual not a good "loud", its more of a "bad loud", like driving in a tin can....and the cars that are built that way can be very miserable to drive.

Like every car I buy, I'm buying the Demon it to drive the hell out of it.

I picked up my 2015 Dodge Hellcat May 1st of 2015. Its the "most fun to drive" car I have ever owned....far. I still love it. And I really like how it drives. It still feels "solid". Its also quite quiet on the inside. I have about 30K on it, and I drive it about 8 or 9 months out of the year.

I have a feeling that Demon won't be anything like a Hellcat, I feel its a car some people may not like to drive very much...but, time will tell.

I'm a car freak so I can live with that kind of stuff. And if it just too loud and doesn't sound very good on the inside...I will consider adding the the stock hellcat sound insulation to the Demon.

I just don't think it will be will be the car that some people think it will be....

What do you guys think. Do you think the Demon may be a little to "course" or too "rude" for some buyers. I really like it when buy these types of cars and drive them the way they were intended to be driven. I hope people don't just buy them to collect them...(imo) that would suck.

Thanks, DB

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
657 Posts
It should be fun...The dealer near us has one allotted...Bid now is $125,000...

·
Super Moderator
13,696 Posts
The Demon was built as a track car that you can drive on the street. I suspect that a Hellcat will be more enjoyable as a street machine.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Most of the challenger Demon will be stored away by the rich people that buy them so most likely you will hardy ever see one .Plus they are only building 3000 for the US

·
Registered
14,068 Posts
$2495 will get you leather seats, the Harman Kardon and carpet in the back, that ought to quiet it down enough. Also some who have heard the car running say it sounds quieter than the Hellcat.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It should be fun...The dealer near us has one allotted...Bid now is $125,000...

Everything in California is "over priced". You guys have too many rich people.

Depending on how many Demons my Dealer get to order...will help to get a decent "mark-up". I remember my dealer got 4 Hellcats initially, I decided to take the forth allocation and didn't have to pay extra. This is one of the very few cars that I'd actually pay a little mark-up on them. But I won't be the first guy get one either... I'm thinking the first guy might have to pay $20K over, the rest the guys will probably end-up paying $5-$10K over. After taxes and options you will still be spend about $105K-$115K
The car is $86000 + $4,500 for options + S10,000 mark-up = around $100,500. + taxes $107,000. Not bad, but not cheap.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Technically, the SRT is the most enjoyable on the street thanks to the adjustable suspension.
Why I bought the SRT. Adjustable suspension. Really? Drive well on the street? It's a drag car! Works great a 1/4 mile at a time. That's it. Ever see many real drag cars on the street? No. Because they suck. Rebar suspension and designed to go and stay straight. That its. They don't like to turn. This car is for the guy who doesn't want to build his own race car. Gold Card and you are now competitive for your class-once you add the roll-bar. I really don't want to drive 10 sec door slammer either to be honest. Too many things can break and go wrong. Cage and welded doors please.

·
Super Moderator
13,696 Posts
Most of the challenger Demon will be stored away by the rich people that buy them so most likely you will hardy ever see one .Plus they are only building 3000 for the US
I recall reading somewhere that, as a condition of purchase, the owner agrees to drive it and not make it a garage queen. If this is the case, I don't know how they can enforce it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I for one am buying it to drive the piss out of it. I will mount some street tires to avoid premature unnecessary wear on the DR's and of course help in overall driving feel of the Demon on the streets. Oh and it will definitely see regular stoplight action as well as track duty. Cars were built to be driven.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Why I bought the SRT. Adjustable suspension. Really? Drive well on the street? It's a drag car! Works great a 1/4 mile at a time. That's it. Ever see many real drag cars on the street? No. Because they suck. Rebar suspension and designed to go and stay straight. That its. They don't like to turn. This car is for the guy who doesn't want to build his own race car. Gold Card and you are now competitive for your class-once you add the roll-bar. I really don't want to drive 10 sec door slammer either to be honest. Too many things can break and go wrong. Cage and welded doors please.
if you weld the doors shut, it won't be a door slammer :D

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
If I could afford one, I would buy it for street use as well as a drag car. I love the18" wheels, one of my favorite features!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Not recommended for driving in traffic and cold weather per FCA. Only because of the Nitto's that come with the car. I'd definitely put some less aggressive tires on if a daily driver.

·
Registered
14,068 Posts
I recall reading somewhere that, as a condition of purchase, the owner agrees to drive it and not make it a garage queen. If this is the case, I don't know how they can enforce it.
Here's 2 pages of the agreement the buyer must sign when ordering his Demon, don't see that in there. The third page is the signature page.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts
My dealer has one slotted, This is in NJ and he told me yesterday the price tag will be $110,000 So it's not only California.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you are going to drive your Demon regularly on the street, I'd simply add in the trunk lining and carpeting, and the upgraded stereo. With the softened suspension rates and the extra traction from the DRs, it should be a great street car.

If you care about tire wear, by all means swap the DRs for some sticky street tires and live with the reduced traction. But you can also just drive around on DRs; they wear out quickly and won't handle standing water, just like other competition tires, but they're otherwise fine in warmer weather, and you'll enjoy the launch and braking traction from them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts